• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Might just skip on the CPU upgrade until late next year at this rate. 3600x is still fine for gaming at 4K tbh and it ain't looking like backorders for the 5900x will be cleared any time soon

Zdb

Zdb

Associate
OCUK really need to have a think about how they communicate updates, its not 1996 and we're on an AOL or some BBS... I've stuck with them for years, but their comms haven't improved in years.

As for AMD... to think they smugly chided Nvidia for the shambles that was the 3000 series launch. They really need to hang their heads in shame. A Paper Launch is giving them more credit than they are due. What is interesting is my colleague in the Netherlands pointed me to one of their local sites, loads of ASUS 3090s (but wouldn't ship to UK). So, as usual the UK is the tail of the dog in supply chains, and its unlikely to get any better in the near term with our Politicians doing such a fine job of managing Brexit (I'm not talking about the merits of Brexit, so no politics, just the logistics post New Year).

I ordered a 5900x, new case, motherboard, water blocks, distro board, etc. Existing rig is Intel based... So, now I've got a collection of bits I can't do much more with. Just sitting waiting for the CPU and GPU... honestly, the box is taunting me from the other end of my home office. I'm off to eBay to buy a cheap 3200 to at least fire the thing up while I wait on OCUK and AMD...

Soldato
OCUK really need to have a think about how they communicate updates, its not 1996 and we're on an AOL or some BBS... I've stuck with them for years, but their comms haven't improved in years.

:eek:you actually get coms from OCUK.

I think as a shop OCUK is not renowned for being the most polished especially in customer service department.

but bare in mind they are only a shop that sells stuff. If they have your money for a part that they haven’t shipped you have every right to ask money back or call your credit card and raise a dispute. If you can’t resolve the issues then definitely raise dispute. All other shops don’t have this sales purgatory that they hold your money and wait for stock to become available indefinitely. This practice is illegal - they shouldn’t be charging you until they can provide a definitive delivery date. That’s why all other shops will refund you if something like this happens or don’t process the money in the first instance

Remember every dispute counts towards a retailers rating which would affect the fee they have to pay towards credit card operators. Which probably also explains why OCUK charges more than others - to cover their merchant fee :D

Associate
From the other store ;) i ordered a 5950x on launch and ended up on a que at 191 then a week later got dropped to something 186.

The last week update to say they had a pretty large stock coming in so thought i may get but may not.

Then they sent a email out yesterday saying only part of the delivery they where hoping came in.

which was no where the amount close to getting to me so though ah bugger it will wait again.

Then i get email to say its been picked ( yey jump for joy)

Then another email to say here is my code for Farcray 6

Then another email to say i was 16th in the que ( Pfft hopes up gone )

Then 2 minutes later saying its dispatched ( head couldn't make heads or tails now on whats going on)

So DPD confirmed arriving today.

Associate
Other store

24 5900x this week then 24 more next week. 706 in the que. What a Joke.

I hope OCUK que is better then this.

Also, any news on the x570 Dark Hero UK release date.

Associate
So there does not seem to be any word on the 5600x at all atm? That update thread still is only talking about 5950x and nothing else ?

So guess the email about clearing all orders of the 5000 series was in relation to the 5600/5800/5900 and a 6-8 week wait.

Caporegime
Might just skip on the CPU upgrade until late next year at this rate. 3600x is still fine for gaming at 4K tbh and it ain't looking like backorders for the 5900x will be cleared any time soon
If you aren't already in a queue it's not like you have a choice :p

Try getting hold of any 5000 series CPU this year now... good luck :p

Associate
If you aren't already in a queue it's not like you have a choice :p

Try getting hold of any 5000 series CPU this year now... good luck :p
Even if your in the queue, you’ll be lucky to see them this year. Sat here looking at a case full of lovely new bits, that won’t do anything until I get the cpu. Sadly it seems the delivery dates are getting pushed back and back more and more.

Associate
Even if your in the queue, you’ll be lucky to see them this year. Sat here looking at a case full of lovely new bits, that won’t do anything until I get the cpu. Sadly it seems the delivery dates are getting pushed back and back more and more.
Yeah, shall give it a few more days then just probably get a 3900X or something to tide me over till next year, everything else is ready to go in the new case. Shame as I am only 80odd in the 5800X queue :(

Caporegime
Yeah we might need to be prepared for 4-6 months of this situation.

Associate
The lack of non-5950X updates/fulfilment is a little concerning.
I'm seeing other (non-OCUK) retailers get small amounts trickling in (like 20-25 pieces per week) but even at that rate my queue position of #258 would be fulfilled sometime in January 2020.

The silence from OCUK is the most worrisome - I have half of a computer worth of parts sitting next to me which I can't do anything with - and I'm unsure whether I should just drop my queue and take a 3900X instead.

Comms should be #1 OCUK!
Even if "We have no update today, still chasing our distributors" we would better understand your struggle. I'm not someone who is impatient, but I am someone who would prefer to know so that I can look at alternatives - I desperately need to get rid of this 2500K (yes, I'm still running on a 10 year old CPU - Sandybridge ftw)

The nice tables and forecasts provided by other retailers are refreshing - something that is seriously lacking from OCUK and does reinforce the complaints I've heard about transparency after the Nvidia 3000 launch.

Back
Top Bottom