• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Don't think either have tbh. Both a complete mess. And as someone mentioned at least with AMD there is a small excuse of having 4 product lines to satisfy between CPU, GPU & Consoles. I have a build that has been sitting half built and will likely be the case till mid January now and I have been looking at either 3080FE or 6800XT, just whatever comes in stock at reasonable price tbh.
I agree they've both messed up but I had such high hopes Amd would step up. What an end to a ****** year! And yes I know there are more important things going on in the world right now but if I could have just got one thing, graphics card or Xbox for me and my son it would have given me something to smile about.

Associate
Love how everyone is inventing different reasons why they should be number 1 on the pre-order list :D

I genuinely think that people who payed for a day 0 6800(XT) and missed out due to overselling should have priority, however as that seems to be unrealistic its whoever can F5 / click a notification fastest :D

Associate
We won't be taking any orders as no stock.

Please do not blame us, the problem lies with manufacturers launching products with inadequate supply when they know full well demand will be huge.

@Gibbo Really appreciate you taking the time out to respond to us. Especially the bit about notifying the forum members first.

Bit of a cheeky request, Could it be like what AMD did and have a dedicated link to the product posted on the forum?

Associate
I agree they've both messed up but I had such high hopes Amd would step up. What an end to a ****** year! And yes I know there are more important things going on in the world right now but if I could have just got one thing, graphics card or Xbox for me and my son it would have given me something to smile about.

I agree (missed on on Xbox yesterday as well) its sad that retailers cant have a better way of making sure that real people get the devices at a good price.

OcUK Staff
OP
Good that you're being upfront that this is basically another paper launch, but this small percentage shift in price I'm not buying. The Palit entry level 3080 cards you initially put on at under MSRP (£630 if I recall), but they are £750 now. The MSRP of the AMD founders cards is £599, but you're already over 13% more expensive from launch :rolleyes:

The MSRP's from manufacturers are near impossible to hit, miss leading, there is a reason there are no NVIDIA cards at MSRP from any reseller selling none FE cards, board partners cannot hit it especially when air freighting stock, meaning the resellers most definitely cannot hit it unless they decide to sell at cost pretty much.

MSRP's should be more realistic then people would not be so disappointed.

Associate
The MSRP's from manufacturers are impossible to hit, very miss leading, there is a reason there are no NVIDIA cards at MSRP from any reseller selling none FE cards, board partners cannot hit it, meaning the resellers most definitely cannot hit it.

Sadly, MSRP seems to be indeed just a marketing stunt by NVidia (and AMD too, I am sure). Aside few small deals where manufacturer covers part of the cost. From my own experience (as I worked for big retailer for 5 years in another country), I know Asus does that at times, not only with GPUs (back in the days we often had it with laptops). In either case, I don't think prices will drop at all for either vendor till late next year. Not with such demand we see now.

Soldato
I don't think NV or AMD have any intention of that rrp holding up

Ref cards at tiny volume with good price (so you cant get one) reviews all say great price/performance then up goes the price

Every time a batch of products becomes available the price increases
$580 ref becomes £599 ref becomes £600-£700? AIB - then add brexit coming up too?

Associate
Hi there

We shall be launching cards around 2pm to browse, but we won't be taking any orders online or via the phones sorry.

Reasoning is simply due to lack of stock and were unwilling to allow a crazy backorder situation to build up on a product that we see very little stock incoming on this year.

Any stock that does come in, we shall give a heads up on the forum before making available to order, but that is very unlikely to happen this week, more like next week.

So in short today all you can do is window shop.

Sorry guys but we get so much flak when you guys are waiting on your orders and when I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas, it is ourselves who get the blame and the negative reviews, but as we do not manufacturer the product it is out of our control and considering that we can literally take 1000+ orders per minute on these new GPU launches which then causes havoc we have to take measures to stop this happening.

As such the product won't be available to order from OcUK today, when we feel we have adequate stock to make product available to order we shall do so and announce that date/time only on our forum.
So we can order via the forum or via the website once they are available? If via forum how? What link?

Soldato
The MSRP's from manufacturers are near impossible to hit, miss leading, there is a reason there are no NVIDIA cards at MSRP from any reseller selling none FE cards, board partners cannot hit it especially when air freighting stock, meaning the resellers most definitely cannot hit it unless they decide to sell at cost pretty much.

MSRP's should be more realistic then people would not be so disappointed.

Understand that as a retailer this is not your issue, but just thinking about previous generation: the 6800XT is about twice the performance of the 5700XT, but if its also twice the cost, then where is the generational improvement? The MSRPs make sense from a generational improvement point of view. So does it mean manufacturers are not efficient, or too many other people taking their cut along the way (distributors, shipping etc)?

It seems to me that manufacturers can hit it if they take less profit. Why should a product have to have a 60% margin? There's no rule that says that has to be deserved.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So we can order via the forum or via the website once they are available? If via forum how? What link?

Buy on the website (prob through a hidden link) and availability and link) will be announced on the forum.

Caporegime
I don't think NV or AMD have any intention of that rrp holding up

Ref cards at tiny volume with good price (so you cant get one) reviews all say great price/performance then up goes the price

Every time a batch of products becomes available the price increases
$580 ref becomes £599 ref becomes £600-£700? AIB - then add brexit coming up too?
Wasn't the RRP only available from AMD.com?

The ref designs via AIBs at other retailers were more expensive...

So those hoping for a ref 6800XT (with or without Sapphire/XFX stickers on the fans) for £600 - those people are out of luck.

I don't think any more are going to be sold as AMD-branded via AMD.com, therefore even the ref designs are going to be £650+ everywhere.

The RRP was over before it began. And the RRP is now properly a "fake" RRP, never to be seen again.

Back
Top Bottom