• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Yeah, saw that one myself and thought £810 for a GPU that is not actually in stock. No thanks.

This must truly rank as the worst PC hardware release in history and AMD really did have to eff up big time to beat some of the other doozys.

Associate
I may just do the case mod I had planned to increase air flow, wring a bit more out of my 1070ti and revise my FPS expectations until March next year.

Caporegime
I kind of hope people leave the pc gaming space if people keep buying why should anything change?

I'm not sure what other streams nvidia generate profit from. But amd obviously have the hardware wrapped up in consumer consoles..

I've never seen anything like this in the years of pc gaming.
Pre owned 1080ti on ebay for 400 with bids?

No thanks

Associate
Just wait till next year I guess. No stock so prices are ridiculous now.

It's really not surprising given there is plenty of 5 series stock to clear first. Guess AMD have prioritised the consoles for now.

Associate
These prices are not making any sense. I love gaming and building systems but these costs during Covid are ridiculous, maybe Covid is having an effect on production.

Associate
Just wait till next year I guess. No stock so prices are ridiculous now.

It's really not surprising given there is plenty of 5 series stock to clear first. Guess AMD have prioritised the consoles for now.

Don't hold hopes for next year, brexit is going to **** up everything distribution wise

Associate
At these price points for AIB I'll just wait on a 3080 for DLSS etc... The NVIDIA features are more feasible for the medium-longterm longevity of this purchase to me than the 10 vs 16gb VRAM. Either way the wait for any GPU is ridiculous at the moment. AMD may have just shot themselves in the foot

Associate
buying a 3090 seems more apealing each time a release date is missed, i know one store thats taking preorders too.

Or 6900XT when it's released (in tiny numbers most likely). With the MSRP for that one it's actually barely any more expensive than AIBs for 6800XT or 3080.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The Palit entry level 3080 cards you initially put on at under MSRP (£630 if I recall)

Sadly, MSRP seems to be indeed just a marketing stunt by NVidia (and AMD too, I am sure). Aside few small deals where manufacturer covers part of the cost. From my own experience (as I worked for big retailer for 5 years in another country), I know Asus does that at times, not only with GPUs (back in the days we often had it with laptops). In either case, I don't think prices will drop at all for either vendor till late next year. Not with such demand we see now.

@Tinek is 100% correct. All of the 3080 cards which hit MSRP at launch were based on back end manufacturer, limited quantity, price support. We oversold on every one of these, yet we honoured the price despite not having enough support to cover it.

Associate
You can buy the top end EVGA FTW 3080 for cheaper than the average 6800XT... thats how bad it is... i think i'll be buying direct from EVGA, will sell my Freesync screen if its not Gsync compatible and get something that is, probably ditch my 3800X and X570 as well for Intel, atleast those are in stock!

Back
Top Bottom