• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The biggest gripe everyone has is with the lack of visibility. Despite OCUK being one of the biggest retailers and patting themselves on the back for it, their capability of being transparent falls dramatically short when compared to others. So this cognitive dissonance their customers are living with leads to grumbling, distrust and sometimes anger.

I am completely un-surprised that another retailer might get stock first, I'm no expert, not even an amateur, and the details about how all that happens would probably take some lengthy explaining by someone who actually knows how this works.

OCUK can definitely do better with transparency and be competitive in that area, since that's something they can control, unlike the actual supply of stock.

Some more cognitive dissonance here. There is basically no information in this post:
Hi all, I know its really frustrating but please know we are doing everything we can to increase supply and bring in as much stock as possible on all lines, OC/non OC, TUF and ROG Strix. I can't comment on individual orders but we're still working to provide updates and cut down shipping time from factory anyway we can. Just please know there are a lot of people working as hard as they can to ensure you have stock asap

We can be civil and play the game:
A big thank you to the Asus Rep for the information. appricate it

or call them out on it:
His jobs here's done, Showed face in the chance it may shut a few up for the time being and I imagine it'll work . Chances are them cards ain't coming for a while

Associate
Been watching the treads for the 3080 since launch. Ordered my 3080 TUF non-OC on launch day at 15:20 on the day of release. Currently sitting 46th in queue (as of friday anyways). Just seen the update on an OK ammount of TUF non-OC cards. Super fingers crossed they do recieve 50 cards. Anyone know when exactly the shipment is "incoming" ?

Unrelated but based on my order time and queue position, there were 36 TUF non-OC orders within 9 minutes. Just some interesting trivia.

Associate
Gibbo posted this today on the AMD thread, sounds like the AMD situation is even worse than Nvidia's launch though, and I think there's some confusion in the thread between AMD & Nvidia:

"3080 launch in fairness was a huge shocker because supply was thin, but we had 3080's in stock for launch and what blew NVIDIA away and all partners was demand was expected to be very high, but the demand was beyond bonkers, we sold like 10,000 cards in two hours, normally a strong launch will see 1000 cards sold maximum in 24hr-48hr period, yet we did 20x that in a shorter period. [...]"

So what do you do if "demand is beyond bonkers" and sell 10,000 cards instead of 1,000 in a 24-48hr period? Leave open your ordering system for another 6-7 weeks of course. At least they learned their lesson for the 6800 launch. Better late than never.

This still doesn't explain how OCUK's main competitor has been able to bring down backorders to about 2,000.

Associate
The biggest gripe everyone has is with the lack of visibility. Despite OCUK being one of the biggest retailers and patting themselves on the back for it, their capability of being transparent falls dramatically short when compared to others. So this cognitive dissonance their customers are living with leads to grumbling, distrust and sometimes anger.

I am completely un-surprised that another retailer might get stock first, I'm no expert, not even an amateur, and the details about how all that happens would probably take some lengthy explaining by someone who actually knows how this works.

OCUK can definitely do better with transparency and be competitive in that area, since that's something they can control, unlike the actual supply of stock.

Some more cognitive dissonance here. There is basically no information in this post:

We can be civil and play the game:

or call them out on it:
Here's the thing you got the Asus guy coming and spouting waffle giving no answers to the people that are actually waiting for Asus cards . Just utter drivel . Myself I'm waiting for a MSI card now I know MSI have been short supply though I have seen them pop up in places, overclockers have contacts so I expect them to find out what's happening and report back , Same for everyone nomatter what card it is . Then you got this gibbo bloke on the amd post chatting about a 3080 stock. Well why don't he report here to the place wer I've parted my money and chosen them as a supplier . When moneys involved my patients is thin. Then you got people saying 'well don't you cancel' because if i do I then got to part with more money as no way will I be able to get it at MSRP . I don't know why everything has to be such a secret come and tell us what cards your getting and give me some info . I didn't order a week, month or 2 months down the line . I orderd a few hours into release. Then you also get people saying it's a pre order well it's not . Cyber punk is a pre order this was a pre order before the 17th . Honestly sort this mess out FFS

Associate
Gibbo posted this today on the AMD thread, sounds like the AMD situation is even worse than Nvidia's launch though, and I think there's some confusion in the thread between AMD & Nvidia:

"3080 launch in fairness was a huge shocker because supply was thin, but we had 3080's in stock for launch and what blew NVIDIA away and all partners was demand was expected to be very high, but the demand was beyond bonkers, we sold like 10,000 cards in two hours, normally a strong launch will see 1000 cards sold maximum in 24hr-48hr period, yet we did 20x that in a shorter period.

So in fairness AMD 3080 launch was better, they had stock on shelf, this launch there is zero stock pretty much worldwide. :(

Stock is incoming, due next week but the numbers are tiny, to date so far we have shipped over 1500 on 3080 and have another couple hundred due in the next week or two, not great but at least in the thousands."
Thank for sharing gibbo’s update I do wish he would share information about RTX3080 orders in the two dedicated threads haha

Associate
Hi all, I know its really frustrating but please know we are doing everything we can to increase supply and bring in as much stock as possible on all lines, OC/non OC, TUF and ROG Strix. I can't comment on individual orders but we're still working to provide updates and cut down shipping time from factory anyway we can. Just please know there are a lot of people working as hard as they can to ensure you have stock asap
Thank you for replying I get that there is not much information you can share and I can imagine that have thousands of people wanting answers is going to be stressful.
If you are able to give us a idea of when shipments are due to improve or if there going to improve it would really help set our expectations @ASUS GPU Support

Associate
The Palit I ordered last Week still shows as preorder!
How can anyone justify keeping orders available when they have 200+ unsupplied customers and from all the information being shared non incoming!

Associate
The Palit I ordered last Week still shows as preorder!
How can anyone justify keeping orders available when they have 200+ unsupplied customers and from all the information being shared non incoming!
I think the person who justifies this is the same person who is happy to collect everyone's cash and keep it in a business account what pays interest on it. Even if they stopped supplying cards and give everyone a refund they would have still made a profit from the interest i think.

Associate
So did anyone see the new thread this morning?

Hi there

We shall be launching cards around 2pm to browse, but we won't be taking any orders online or via the phones sorry.

Reasoning is simply due to lack of stock and were unwilling to allow a crazy backorder situation to build up on a product that we see very little stock incoming on this year.

Any stock that does come in, we shall give a heads up on the forum before making available to order, but that is very unlikely to happen this week, more like next week.

So in short today all you can do is window shop.

Sorry guys but we get so much flak when you guys are waiting on your orders and when I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas, it is ourselves who get the blame and the negative reviews, but as we do not manufacturer the product it is out of our control and considering that we can literally take 1000+ orders per minute on these new GPU launches which then causes havoc we have to take measures to stop this happening.

As such the product won't be available to order from OcUK today, when we feel we have adequate stock to make product available to order we shall do so and announce that date/time only on our forum.

*P.S. THIS THREAD IS THE THREAD WHERE UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL APPEAR REGARDING 6800 SERIES AND HINTS AS TO WHEN YOU CAN ORDER!

Now the bit that interests me here is
I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas

Like is this JUST for this card? I definitely don't think so with the 50'000 number, meanwhile on a competitor site they are expecting over 1000 3080 cards by December 7th ALONE. So what is going on here? Aren't Overclockers meant to be the "biggest" NVIDIA Partner in the UK? It sure as hell doesn't seem that way if that's all that's coming. Granted with Gibbo and his transparency a few hundred could be anywhere from 300-600 but still? Is that just 3080's? Just another card? ALL the cards? Either way its downright appalling.

Associate
MSI volumes improving -> no cards for almost a month now. :confused: Saw that maybe the next influx of MSI cards to the UK couls be mid next week, would be nice to know if OC will get any or not.

Associate
MSI volumes improving -> no cards for almost a month now. :confused: Saw that maybe the next influx of MSI cards to the UK couls be mid next week, would be nice to know if OC will get any or not.
You're lucky! Inno are only supplying crypto miners and haven't shipped a single iChill card to the UK since launch day.

Associate
So did anyone see the new thread this morning?

Now the bit that interests me here is

Like is this JUST for this card? I definitely don't think so with the 50'000 number, meanwhile on a competitor site they are expecting over 1000 3080 cards by December 7th ALONE. So what is going on here? Aren't Overclockers meant to be the "biggest" NVIDIA Partner in the UK? It sure as hell doesn't seem that way if that's all that's coming. Granted with Gibbo and his transparency a few hundred could be anywhere from 300-600 but still? Is that just 3080's? Just another card? ALL the cards? Either way its downright appalling.

That's about the AMD launch, nothing to do with Nvidia...

Associate
That's about the AMD launch, nothing to do with Nvidia...

So you're telling me they ordered 50,000 of one specific card? And not to mention in that specific paragraph he seemed to be talking about the issues around the GPU launches as a whole, that's the thing that's getting me.

When talking about backorders he does say several thousand, but I don't see anywhere that's above 5,000 backorders for one single card make. Just struck me as weird.

Associate

Many thanks for the update.

However, no reasonable person is asking when their individual order will be delivered. That's a straw man. It ignores the real question as to what shipments OCUK can expect.

On 16/11, you said

"We're bringing in hundreds of cards and working to give notice, and stock is landing every week now on almost every GPU."

This is incredibly ambiguous and does not mean anything.
  • You are bringing in hundreds of cards. In total or on a regular basis?
  • You said stock is landing every week. Where? Worldwide, in the UK or at OCUK?
Some clarification would help.

Back
Top Bottom