• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac trinity 3090 died today after 2 days

Soldato
Ive been using the 3090 for a couple of days, tried a small oc to test benchmarks then took it off again for normal use. All was fine for 2 days and then today I booted it up this morning and was presented with 1 long beep and 2 short.
Looked this up and its mobo not picking up the gpu, fortunately I havent sold my 2080ti yet so I popped it back in and voila booted no issues. Tried reseating the 3090 and tested again, same thing 1 long beep 2 short, card has died.

What is the failure rate on the 30 series cards? ive never had one die so quickly lol

Soldato
Well that's unfortunate. I think yours is the first failure I've heard of. SOme broken plastic backplates from MSI, I've seen. Well it's within the first few days so retailer will be sorting that one. Hopefully sort you out from incoming stock if not from OCUK. Good job you still got your Ti. WHat a dampener on your purchase. Feel for ya.

Soldato
OP
I have the collection already booked for tomorrow and the place I bought it off have 1 left in their warehouse in case of returns.

Guessing i wont see it until mid next week now, seemed to be working so well too, just my luck i guess lol

Associate
Owch! :( Better two days in than two days after warranty's up I guess.

Sucks but I'd probably RMA it even if it somehow came back to life.

Bad news if it comes back to life. If it gets RMA'd and the retailer finds that it works it'll probably get sent back (possibly with a return delivery charge).

Soldato
rainforest wouldnt do that. most reputable retailers wouldnt do that either.

if the thing is working they will simply restock and sell on. they have a big margin on these cards. any RMA stuff back to the shop while in the initial shop period, it will all be compensated by distributor. so the shop doesnt loose out anything technically if they are reputable. if it is some dodgy ones, they probably try to muddy the water and give you grief.

a bit annoying to have the card broke within 2 days. tho getting a replacement might be really hard. that really is the problem i can see.

Soldato
The rainforest are fantastic where returns are concerned, and I've never had something refused yet. Probably the best customer service I've seen in this regard.
They recently took nearly 4 weeks to refund me tho. Probably because of massive demand and return backlog. The customer services person couldn’t do anything as the return was stuck in the return centre.

I now need to return someone else so I am prepped for a 4 week wait.

Soldato
Ive been using the 3090 for a couple of days, tried a small oc to test benchmarks then took it off again for normal use. All was fine for 2 days and then today I booted it up this morning and was presented with 1 long beep and 2 short.
Looked this up and its mobo not picking up the gpu, fortunately I havent sold my 2080ti yet so I popped it back in and voila booted no issues. Tried reseating the 3090 and tested again, same thing 1 long beep 2 short, card has died.

What is the failure rate on the 30 series cards? ive never had one die so quickly lol

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The retailer has said they have 1 in the warehouse not listed on their site for if there is an rma, but if that card is allocated to a different rma while mine is being returned they dont keep it for me.

So i may have to get a refund and wait for something else.

Back
Top Bottom