VGA error, fan turns off

Associate
Hello.

I have got a custom built PC from a reputable company and after I had an issue with my previous RTX 2070 Super they replaced it with a Gigabyte Aorus 2070 Super.

When I turn the pc on, there is 1 long beep followed by 3 short ones with a VGA light on motherboard, the fans stay on for 2 minutes then turn off. The first few startups I couldnt get a signal but finally managed to get to the start screen and was on my desktop but the fans were stopped and I was worried that it would overheat.

Is this a physical problem or driver issue? No drivers maybe?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Some gpu 's fans spin at start-up then go off until the gpu is under load.

Being on for 2 mins seems strange but do they spin when playing a game ?
Havent tried that, because Im concerned that the VGA error light is on as well as the fans not being on. I dont want to damage the GPU.

Not sure to be honest. But it it like a minute or two until they turn off.

Man of Honour
Havent tried that, because Im concerned that the VGA error light is on as well as the fans not being on. I dont want to damage the GPU.

Not sure to be honest. But it it like a minute or two until they turn off.
If you don't stress the gpu how are you going to know if it works and your still under warranty.

Download msi afterburner check what going on.

Do the vga lights go off when the fans do ?

Associate
Check if the power connectors are 2 seperate ones or a single cable from the psu that splits. Try a different socket for the cable into the psu. Try 2 separate cables for your graphics card. Btw have you a USB stick plugged into your computer. Most modern gpus have a zero spin mode for the fans unless they need them on
The beeps are generally an indicator for a VGA issue. But if you have an external USB stick or bootable drive plugged in your computer could be trying to boot off that if they didn't set the bios up correctly.
Do you know what psu you have and the wattage?
I take it there's no issue with your computer once it's on? Have you tried playing any games on it?

Man of Honour
Did you replace the gpu into the pc or send the pc back. ? If yes check the power connecters and you in the slot correctly . Is the gpu power connected by one cable with 2 connectors or 2 individual cables?

Associate
OP
Could be a faulty replacement gpu , try it in the other pcie slot if you have one or of to test.

Motherboard bios mite need updating what psu do you have ?

I am starting to think it may not be the GPU and the fans arent spinning because of low temps, but I will test this later. .

My psu is a corsair TXM 650 gold or something like that.

If my previous gpu wasnt faulty and that had the same VGA error, what could this suggest?

Bios, ram, etc?

Man of Honour
I am starting to think it may not be the GPU and the fans arent spinning because of low temps, but I will test this later. .

My psu is a corsair TXM 650 gold or something like that.

If my previous gpu wasnt faulty and that had the same VGA error, what could this suggest?

Bios, ram, etc?

Update the motherboard bios if available or it could be the psu.

Another option is to try the gpu in the lower pcie slot presuming you have an atx motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom