• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unsightly 30 series FE power connector

Associate
What have you done regarding the frankly unsightly FE 30 series power connectors ?

I’ve come from using very neatly arranged sleeved cables on my 20 series card to having to use this nasty adapter with 2x more pci-e power cables attached to it dangling inside my case.

I’ve tidied it up the best I can with cable ties etc, but there is only so much you can do and with the angle it connects into the card it leaves an unsightly mass of cables on show.

I’ll be interested to see your solutions !

Soldato
What PSU brand have you got? Various manufacturers are coming up with their own neater solutions and there are customised ones as Biffa says. Search "nvidia 12 pin cable [your PSU]" and you should find some options.

Soldato
Got custom sleeved cable from moddiy in HK. No doubt be others now though, but can select color, length, finish, extension only or connect direct into PSU.

I got silver wire finish, looks the part, cables on that style very sleek and thin. Looks great IMO. Straight into the PSU and no need for that bulky adapter or like some manufacturers do some heatshrink.
nsalncl.jpg

Associate
OP
What PSU brand have you got? Various manufacturers are coming up with their own neater solutions and there are customised ones as Biffa says. Search "nvidia 12 pin cable [your PSU]" and you should find some options.

Thanks, Superflower 750W. I’ll have a google and see what I can find !

Associate
Cablemod is releasing their 12 pin FE cable by the end of this week and it’s certified by nvidia. Better go for that.

Soldato
The 3080 connector has 12 pins active and 2x 8 pin inputs.

The 3070 connector is the same physical connector but only has 6 pins active, and 1x 8 pin input on the other end.

Can you use the 3080 connector with the 3070?

Permabanned
I know that Corsair are working on a type 4 connector - if you happen to have a Corsair PSU. It runs directly from the 8 pin connectors on the PSU to the GPU card. I would guess you need two and another guess they will be about £6 each.

Associate
I know that Corsair are working on a type 4 connector - if you happen to have a Corsair PSU. It runs directly from the 8 pin connectors on the PSU to the GPU card. I would guess you need two and another guess they will be about £6 each.
You only need one cable. It’s one 12 pin at the GPU end and 2 8 pins at PSU end.

Soldato
You only need one cable. It’s one 12 pin at the GPU end and 2 8 pins at PSU end.

Not that you can get one. The Corsair website is particularly useless on this front, you click on the ‘stockists’ button and it just lists all the places that sell Corsair stuff regardless of whether they actually have the product you’re interested in.

Associate
Don't like the way the cable sits and looks in the case at all on the FE card due to the angle of the connector, crap position. Custom cables look better but can't help think they really should've designed it to put it somewhere else. Seems like an afterthought :rolleyes: The actual card is really good looking and clean until you plug it in..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not in love with it on my 3070FE - it is rotated 90 degrees on the 3070 as well so you can't stream the cables back along the GPU and the converter cable doesn't like bending much so sticks out away from the socket somewhat awkwardly - I ended up routing it to the bottom of my case where it goes into the PSU cable which I've routed around the edge.

I didn't think it would bother me but having now actually got the card and set it up I'm not feeling the connector and lead setup - though it isn't exactly keeping me awake at night either.

Back
Top Bottom