Check my basket? Mini home studio build on a tight budget...

Associate
Hi guys, I'm putting together a mini build for a friend.. he needs it for light home studio use - all inside the box, no outboard gear other than a USB interface. He just needs something reliable and with enough processing power to handle Reaper and Cubase with a reasonable amount of plugins etc. He doesn't want to spend much more than I have put together in this basket - but I'm a bit out of touch with the current tech, so I'm looking for your expert advice as to whether the components I've selected will work well together or, if there are better alternatives for roughly the same cost. Thanks for taking a look.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £450.56 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Man of Honour
Your on the right track but the 10400f doesn't have integrated gpu you will need a graphics card or get the 10400.

M2 drive not very large is 500gb enough ?

Psu is not the best.

Associate
OP
Ah.. thanks for the tip on the 10400.. I'll amend that. Yes, 500gb is plenty for him.. he has a 2TB HDD that will store sample libraries and such. What PSU would you recommend?

Man of Honour
Just noticed the case has a psu limitation of 150mm The be quiet is 160mm but I would check this out before you buy as I don't want you to get something that doesn't fit.

Ask in the customer service section of the forum or call overclockers to check.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
I know from experience that the PSU is probably one of the most important parts to a build.. maybe changing the case to accommodate the Be Quiet PSU is a wiser decision?

Back
Top Bottom