Is the Asus Rog Strix 750w any good?

Soldato
I'm looking at buying a new PSU and curious what peoples opinions are of this power supply are? I want one that's quiet but efficient and has decent connectors. Its a bit more expensive than others(but is on offer at the moment)but is it worth it?

Soldato
It's well made and presented I bought it in a hurry yes the seasonics are better value.

Just made a thread on fan noise though.

Soldato
Some pics, I actually really like the quality of this PSU, the open fan grille, the cable quality. Unfortunately my BB fan seems broken its way too noisy when it comes on so is going to go back.

No coil whine, at first I thought it had a fizzing type of coil whine but think it's the 3080 doing that.
Wasn't flustered at all with 740.5W from the wall
uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Soldato
OP
Thanks for that really great write up @3t3P. I didn't get the Rog in the end though, I got the Phanek, it seems I may have chose right though because the silence aspect and the higher price doesn't seem that worth it.

Soldato
Thanks for that really great write up @3t3P. I didn't get the Rog in the end though, I got the Phanek, it seems I may have chose right though because the silence aspect and the higher price doesn't seem that worth it.
Np
What's the device you used to measure power output at wall, looks nifty.
Meross smart plug. It's not dynamically updated in real time you have to click onto it and off bit it's useable.

Power measuring plugs just tend to slowly die in my experience of having an LCD screen based one

Soldato
Np

Meross smart plug. It's not dynamically updated in real time you have to click onto it and off bit it's useable.

Power measuring plugs just tend to slowly die in my experience of having an LCD screen based one

I just got 763 watts at the wall. Can confirm did fine too:)

Soldato
OP
I just got 763 watts at the wall. Can confirm did fine too:)

Is that really how many watts your system draws? I'm planning on getting a GTX3080, I know a 750watt is recommended with it but I didn't expect it to actually draw that much power.

Soldato
My CPU voltage was put up to 1.38V to make it folding at home stable. Tbh I should back it back down as was game stable at around 1.35v

3080 with XOC BIOS is what is doing it.

So a normal CPU and 3080 will be fine on a 750W PSU.

Back
Top Bottom