******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Not enough vram I hear :p

I have not installed it in years. Waiting for SQ42. I am guessing it will be out in 2022 around the time next gen graphics cards are out.

Funny I recall Chris saying it would never run on consoles. But he took so long that new consoles that will run it came out. Lol.

I just hope it comes out on PC first then port to consoles later on the side. Not design it with consoles in mind or for consoles.

In any case I have my intel optane nvme ready and waiting :D
Haha, i don't know what it is! I thought the 3090 tbh would absolutely nail this as its got nearly triple the vram as my 2080 did! Might try a fresh install and see how that goes but seems a waste of time if it doesn't work lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha, i don't know what it is! I thought the 3090 tbh would absolutely nail this as its got nearly triple the vram as my 2080 did! Might try a fresh install and see how that goes but seems a waste of time if it doesn't work lol.
You never heard of Intel Optane :eek:

They had a Star Citizen promo selling it as it is an SSD that will help load the game faster. Star Citizen is meant to take advantage of the straights of Intel Optane.

I always do a clean install of windows when getting a new card. Does not take too long these days and I enjoy having a fresh system, and not worry that it could be some other conflict.

Soldato
You never heard of Intel Optane :eek:

They had a Star Citizen promo selling it as it is an SSD that will help load the game faster. Star Citizen is meant to take advantage of the straights of Intel Optane.

I always do a clean install of windows when getting a new card. Does not take too long these days and I enjoy having a fresh system, and not worry that it could be some other conflict.
I have but tbh i thought my m.2 nvme would do the trick lol, previously had it installed on a bog standard ssd but the nvme i thought would defo be more than sufficient!

Next try would be a clean install then, i feel theres abit of clutter with my current install with it being over 4 years though i tend to keep all the software i install off it anyway except for any startup programs.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have but tbh i thought my m.2 nvme would do the trick lol, previously had it installed on a bog standard ssd but the nvme i thought would defo be more than sufficient!

Next try would be a clean install then, i feel theres abit of clutter with my current install with it being over 4 years though i tend to keep all the software i install off it anyway except for any startup programs.
Oh I was not trying to suggest it would not be sufficient. I am sure it will be more than sufficient :)

Soldato
Yes i have joystick working. You can select it from the keybinding settings at the bottom left corner where it would initially says "keyboard" , scroll using the left or right arrows to see something like "Joystick xxx/controller xxx" and once selected, start tweaking

Thanks :) I tried that quite a few times, it wasn't having it. I'll play around a bit more :) At least I was attempting it the right way.

Soldato
Anyone else getting loads of 30k's since the update??
I've had a couple over the past few weeks, but it's significantly more stable than it was back at the end of the summer where it felt like you could barely stay connected to a server for an hour.

In other news. Finally bought a ship ingame, now the proud owner of a kitted out F7A SuperHornet after blowing all my savings I've collected since starting to play the game!

Soldato
I've found that they're more common since the point 1 patYech. Server backend services are also a bit ropey.
Agreed.
the 3.9.x and 3.10 patches were pretty damm stable but the 3.11.1 is a bit ropey.
However, seeing as it was free fly for almost two weeks, the servers have been pretty good considering that June's invictus week free fly was a total shambles

Soldato
Always more prevelant on the 30k's during free-fly, isn't it? TBH I've lost so a good chunk of cash that I don't really bother playing during free fly other than a quick blat around a nearby planet to test the ships.

I'm absolutely loving the 100i though; small, quick, enough storage for a few parcels and a bed to log out.

Soldato
Agreed.
the 3.9.x and 3.10 patches were pretty damm stable but the 3.11.1 is a bit ropey.
However, seeing as it was free fly for almost two weeks, the servers have been pretty good considering that June's invictus week free fly was a total shambles

Couldn't get into 3.9 myself. 3.10 all good. Not tried 3.11 but not trying with freefly generally. Will wait till 3.12 drops.

Permabanned
Any update on the roadmap for the new roadmap? Did I see a Chris Roberts post saying that they gave up on roadmaps because it was taking too much time to keep it updated because they kept missing deadlines? Also if you have a go at the lack of progress you are just a hater.

Back
Top Bottom