• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Think I need to RMA a AMD Ryzen 3700X

Associate
Hey all I got a 3700X from OcUK when they came out last year and for a while now I've been getting crashers in games at default motherboard settings and its failing prime95 blend test within 5 mins and bsoding on Small FFT within 60 seconds temps are fine I have a Arctic Liquid Freezer II on it.

Its in a B450 Tomahawk I got that at the same time from OcUK too, I don't have another AMD motherboard to stick it in to test so I cant be 100% sure its not the motherboard but I've tested the ram and its fine, I'm pretty sure its the CPU, I'm on the latest bios and I've even tried flashing back to older bio's and new windows install.

Should I start a RMA with OcUK? and should I send both the Motherboard and CPU?? I didn't keep the CPU case so I don't know how I'd send that back alone still have the motherboard box tho

Man of Honour
How did you test the RAM? I'd have expected that to be faulty more than the CPU. Did you try with the RAM at 2666?

I wouldn't be sending the motherboard in myself, pretty unlikely to be the problem.

Soldato
Hey all I got a 3700X from OcUK when they came out last year and for a while now I've been getting crashers in games at default motherboard settings and its failing prime95 blend test within 5 mins and bsoding on Small FFT within 60 seconds temps are fine I have a Arctic Liquid Freezer II on it.

Its in a B450 Tomahawk I got that at the same time from OcUK too, I don't have another AMD motherboard to stick it in to test so I cant be 100% sure its not the motherboard but I've tested the ram and its fine, I'm pretty sure its the CPU, I'm on the latest bios and I've even tried flashing back to older bio's and new windows install.

Should I start a RMA with OcUK? and should I send both the Motherboard and CPU?? I didn't keep the CPU case so I don't know how I'd send that back alone still have the motherboard box tho
Had a 3700x that wasn't stable at stock at all kept getting straight reboots/BSOD and all sorts of nasties. Verified that it was the CPU by changing a couple of voltages (IIRC it was related to the SOC) so RMA'ed with AMD which took a week, Prime95 was the way I knew it was unstable your symptoms sounds exactly the same as mine.

With AMD they should e-mail you a returns label to the Netherlands once they confirm the RMA.

(Make sure the entire PC is stock though, including RAM)

Associate
OP
How did you test the RAM? I'd have expected that to be faulty more than the CPU. Did you try with the RAM at 2666?

I wouldn't be sending the motherboard in myself, pretty unlikely to be the problem.
I booted into memtest64 and tested the ram no errors.
Had a 3700x that wasn't stable at stock at all kept getting straight reboots/BSOD and all sorts of nasties. Verified that it was the CPU by changing a couple of voltages (IIRC it was related to the SOC) so RMA'ed with AMD which took a week, Prime95 was the way I knew it was unstable your symptoms sounds exactly the same as mine.

With AMD they should e-mail you a returns label to the Netherlands once they confirm the RMA.

(Make sure the entire PC is stock though, including RAM)

Yeah I get prime errors at all stock, what did you send your back in ? I've no longer got the box.

Associate
OP
Thinking about it I could just stick it in antistatic bag and stick it in a envelope, gonna suck having no cpu for week+ plus its xmas so it might be longer

Soldato
The plastic protective trays that the CPU was supplied in are available from a well known auction site for very little, that’s the bare minimum you need, after that a small cardboard box and some bubble wrap should suffice, it’s not like you are paying for the postage.

Associate
OP
The plastic protective trays that the CPU was supplied in are available from a well known auction site for very little, that’s the bare minimum you need, after that a small cardboard box and some bubble wrap should suffice, it’s not like you are paying for the postage.

Thx shipping gonna be at least a week on one of them gonna end up sending it near xmas I'm sure that wont hold it up at all :(

Soldato
1-3 days for delivery isn't a week, but sending a CPU back as you suggest could result in the RMA being declined. Your choice :)

Associate
OP
1-3 days for delivery isn't a week, but sending a CPU back as you suggest could result in the RMA being declined. Your choice :)
I forgot what day we were on I'm thinking it was Monday, I've already ordered a holder I've got box's and crap from 10 years ago saved thats useless now but I toss the 3700X box..

Back
Top Bottom