1440p HDR Monitors and Netflix?

Associate
Hello, so i have a 32" 1440p monitor that has HDR and everything i need on it. One issue however whenever i go onto the windows 10 Netflix app or Amazon Prime Video App i never get the HDR video content automatically sent instead of the normal content. On my 4k hdr tv downstairs it gets sent the higher quality stream where as on my gaming pc im stuck with the bad version. How can i force these websites and apps to send the same high quality content that already exists to my HDR monitor as well? Im 99% sure its just becuase i have a 2k not 4k monitor but i dont mind playing 4k content with 2k pixels i just want the high detail colours. I have tried VSR on my amd settings panel with bad results.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

The monitor im using is a really nice high end LG one and its a shame i cant stream good stuff on it.

Thanks for reading.

Soldato
Hello, so i have a 32" 1440p monitor that has HDR and everything i need on it. One issue however whenever i go onto the windows 10 Netflix app or Amazon Prime Video App i never get the HDR video content automatically sent instead of the normal content. On my 4k hdr tv downstairs it gets sent the higher quality stream where as on my gaming pc im stuck with the bad version. How can i force these websites and apps to send the same high quality content that already exists to my HDR monitor as well? Im 99% sure its just becuase i have a 2k not 4k monitor but i dont mind playing 4k content with 2k pixels i just want the high detail colours. I have tried VSR on my amd settings panel with bad results.

The monitor im using is a really nice high end LG one and its a shame i cant stream good stuff on it.

Thanks for reading.
I just tried getting HDR to work in netflix on my 1440p HDR monitor with no luck

It be really stupid if netflix HDR only works on a 4K screen

Associate

Thanks for reading.

Well a quick read through netflix blurb pages confirms that you can play HDR content on the windows 10 app and then goes on to outline the requirements. Interestingly it details using an Intel iGPU and a NVIDIA discrete GPU but there is no mention of any AMD requirements so is it possible that it's an issue with netflix and AMD GPUs?

Also with a quick google it does appear to be an issue with AMD GPUs and downloading HEVC Video Extensions may resolve the issue.

Saying that chaparral states above they tried and failed to get it working and they have a 2080ti according to their signature so who knows :)

Soldato
Saying that chaparral states above they tried and failed to get it working and they have a 2080ti according to their signature so who knows :)
HDR in netflix will not work on my system using intel i7-8700k, 2080ti, PG35VQ (3440x1440), using 10-Bit colour, with trying the Netflix windows 10 app and tried with running Netflix in a browser

But HDR works fine in youtube video's

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm an HDR idiot, but thing I find with is is that it only works on my equipment at certain resolutions and refresh rates. No idea why, I can't find any documentation about it at all.

Back
Top Bottom