**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
Still don't understand why the UK didn't get the beta for the Note 20 ultra, does this mean Samsung are confident that it works flawlessly without even testing it here!

On another note, looks like qualcom surprised everyone with their new snapdragon 888, it looks more than a match for the Exynos 2100.

I'm not to bothered about missing the beta and things not working .Lets hope the Exynos is up to it this time around

P.S not sure I like the new XDA forums look :eek:

Soldato
Associate
Weinbach also says that the Galaxy Note 20 series could get its public Android 11 and One UI 3.0 update on December 14th. Now, it has to be noted that these dates are not set in stone and are only estimates according to Weinbach, but in the case of the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra, a December 14th release sounds entirely plausible

https://www.sammobile.com/news/possible-galaxy-s20-fe-note-20-note-20-ultra-one-ui-3-0-release-date

Nice if true
Yeah this would be welcome, bring it on!

Associate
Did any of you guys notice issues with the colours being quite washed out? I've only just got mine this week and noticed immediately when using it. It's most noticable on skin tones - they seem to be really unnatural with a yellowish/greenish or grey tinge. Pretty much 80% of the photos I take of people end up looking jaundiced and people on YouTube/Netflix look awful. It's even more obvious when I load up the same photo/video on my P20 Pro and Galaxy TabS7Plus next to the Ultra. I use my phone mostly for photos/social media and watching shows so it's a pretty big problem - considering returning it.

Soldato
Did any of you guys notice issues with the colours being quite washed out? I've only just got mine this week and noticed immediately when using it. It's most noticable on skin tones - they seem to be really unnatural with a yellowish/greenish or grey tinge. Pretty much 80% of the photos I take of people end up looking jaundiced and people on YouTube/Netflix look awful. It's even more obvious when I load up the same photo/video on my P20 Pro and Galaxy TabS7Plus next to the Ultra. I use my phone mostly for photos/social media and watching shows so it's a pretty big problem - considering returning it.

Have look here I'd point you to XDA Note 20 thread but site is up/dwn at moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote20/comments/k6kb7r/display_skin_tones_issue_on_the_note_20_ultra/

Associate
Not had anything like that, try resetting the camera settings. My pics look great to be fair.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah this would be welcome, bring it on!

They never bothered releasing the beta in the UK for Note 20. I admit that p*ssed me off. The Samsung Community UK had was not a happy bunny.

Anyway, part of me wants them to scrap Note series now so they have an upgrade path so a Z model, as they wouldn't offer it this year via Upgrade program, they offered me Note 20 only.

Associate
With rumours still flying around, its still not clear if there will be a Note 21.
It annoyed me also that there was no beta testing for the UK, I would have signed up for sure.
It will be interesting to see what they offer as part of the upgrade programme next year if there is no galaxy note line, if it is a z fold 3 then they had better bring the price down or ill be keeping the Note 20 for the contract term.

Soldato
Hasn't annoyed me in the slightest, in fact when I last took part in the android 10 beta on my previous Note, I got fed up of multiple things being broken or unstable and having to wipe and revert back to official stock just to get back to normality. So I'm quite happy to let other people/ regions be the guinea-pigs :p

Associate
Hasn't annoyed me in the slightest, in fact when I last took part in the android 10 beta on my previous Note, I got fed up of multiple things being broken or unstable and having to wipe and revert back to official stock just to get back to normality. So I'm quite happy to let other people/ regions be the guinea-pigs :p
Yeah I see where you're coming from, still strange that they didn't release it here in the U.K.

Associate
I hope Samsung don't ditch the Note line.

I have zero interest in the Z Fold line.

Ditching the Note line is taking away peoples choice & forcing them down another path.

The Fold is a fantastic looking device but I don't want one & I am happy to continue with the Note.

The Note 20 Ultra Snapdragon is the best device I have ever owned. It's just short of perfect.

Soldato

I have zero interest in the Z Fold line.

Ditching the Note line is taking away peoples choice & forcing them down another path.

The Fold is a fantastic looking device but I don't want one & I am happy to continue with the Note.

The Note 20 Ultra Snapdragon is the best device I have ever owned. It's just short of perfect.

+1

I love my s pen .

Rumours are that front screen on a fold version will use the pen

Associate

My Exynos version has been fine apart from when I am at work the battery seems to take a hit worse than my Note 10+ due to really poor signal in most areas, yet at home just a 25 minute walk away the signal is better and therefore the battery is happier, but really that's just nitpicking as I am nowhere near using 50% battery in a day, more like 40%

Soldato
Has anyone removed the screen protector that comes on the phone and replaced it with anything else?

My finger print sometimes doesn't read and takes a few attempts. Wondering if this is the cause.

Associate
Has anyone removed the screen protector that comes on the phone and replaced it with anything else?

My finger print sometimes doesn't read and takes a few attempts. Wondering if this is the cause.

I did about a month in after picking up some scuffs - bought some cheap Spigen protectors and they've done the job really well. Never quite feels the same as glass but not bothered at all.

Soldato
I've just done my usual play store update check, and have noticed for the first time (on any phone I've owned) a Samsung game driver update for Mali.

Is this equivalent to a gpu driver update?
I'm not a massive phone gamer, so no idea on what improvements this will have.

Associate
I've just done my usual play store update check, and have noticed for the first time (on any phone I've owned) a Samsung game driver update for Mali.

Is this equivalent to a gpu driver update?
I'm not a massive phone gamer, so no idea on what improvements this will have.
Some other reports of updates on the Snaldragon models too, maybe its to do with the upcoming Android 11 one ui 3 updates.

Associate
Samsung sure are quick firing out regular updates these days, it's pretty great.

With One UI 3.0 I may ditch Nova and give OUI a shot.
Since the Note 9 i have used Samsung's own skin and found it to be ok, I've tried others and I prefer Nova out of them all, but keep reverting back to the One UI

Back
Top Bottom