Epson TW9400W question

Associate
Getting this soon. Just wondered if 4K UHD HDR movies will be able to play without issue via the wireless transmitter?

I hope so!! as bought this model to save a fibre optic hdmi cable going up my ceiling.

Hopefully it does!
?

Thanks

Soldato
I may be wrong here but from what i understand the wireless link is limited in bandwidth to 10gbps so can do 4K but not with HDR at the same time.

Movies (except gemini man) are 4K/23/HDR. Why wouldn't you be able to do that over 10gbps?

9400 is amazing. You are in for a treat. Get MADVR to tonemap the HDR for you to BT2020 for films and TV shows.

Soldato
Movies (except gemini man) are 4K/23/HDR. Why wouldn't you be able to do that over 10gbps?

9400 is amazing. You are in for a treat. Get MADVR to tonemap the HDR for you to BT2020 for films and TV shows.

That’s why I said I could be wrong, that would work yes.

Though I suppose it depends on what you’re connecting it to, would a PS5 for Blu-ray work as the dashboard is in 4K HDR isn’t it (maybe with a refresh rate higher than 30hz).

Soldato
That’s why I said I could be wrong, that would work yes.

Though I suppose it depends on what you’re connecting it to, would a PS5 for Blu-ray work as the dashboard is in 4K HDR isn’t it (maybe with a refresh rate higher than 30hz).

yes the Ps5 Isn’t dumb. It can change the resolution for the dashboard

Back
Top Bottom