Chain reaction cycles (shop)

Soldato
tmp.png

Can't say it happens to me.

Soldato
Agree there are an increasing number of sites , I see it on BBC too, where you need to use back multiple times to get out, or worse where you must resort to history to get fully off of a site.

Cynically I'd though it may be related to tracking mechanism the likes of google use, redirecting through intermediate pages so that you can login once across all of their subsiduary products.

.. but it hasn't annoyed me to the point of doing some reasearch yet.

Soldato
i've had that Back issue w/ tons of site, for years. it's usually the less professional type places, but i've seen lists of the page up to a dozen long when i click the back button. i don't believe it's a browser loading glitch so i can only assume some idiot sites do it deliberately.

Caporegime
Just tested it and I also have to click not once but twice, that's a 100% increase in my finger activity.

How these madmen stay in business is a miracle.

Soldato
Who uses the back button? Just click back on search results or back in the breadcrumb, what are you? Some sort of boomer n33b?
Lol exactly. I have to tell my other half this all the time on sites. Most web shops use some form of search bar, drop-down navigation, or filters you click etc. Click back on those and you mostly screw up what you're trying to do.

Soldato
There's one website, a wrestling news one (though I forget which), that if I click through to a news article from Google, then press back to try to get back to the google results, it will take me to their website home page instead. Whilst a bit annoying, I actually thought it was kind of a clever idea, really.

Soldato
Who uses the back button?
must be visiting some smalll subset of the web not to have to use the back button , or, moreover a touch gesture,
forward button, yes, that's more rare..

sites where you can checkout anytime but cannot leave, with the back button, thats worse.

Soldato
Lol exactly. I have to tell my other half this all the time on sites. Most web shops use some form of search bar, drop-down navigation, or filters you click etc. Click back on those and you mostly screw up what you're trying to do.
Exactly. People used to do it at work all the time like this was the acceptable way to navigate around; hey let's click back 10 times to find what I was on. No. Back is literally like your undo button ffs.

Back
Top Bottom