new phone time, but do i spend more

Soldato
Casual user, generic scroller through the socials and youtube with the odd bit of browsing.

camera - main point like to take lots of photos

question is

Pixel 4a - £349 super cheap seems like it would do everything I needed with a decent camera

or

S20 FE (4g) - bit more expensive but do I really need to spend the extra money?

help a man with a muddled brain

Soldato
You have listed two options that are very different. The Pixel is a (relatively) compact, one-handed device, while the Galaxy FE is a much larger phone. Both have good cameras, with the FE being more flexible with its extra lenses. The FE has a much better screen (and 120hz refresh), but the 4G version has the gimped Exynos SoC. If you like the idea of a compact phone, have you considered the Pixel 5? In my opinion the P5 justifies the extra cost over the 4a, but the latter will be fine if you'd prefer not to spend the money.

Soldato
OP
You have listed two options that are very different. The Pixel is a (relatively) compact, one-handed device, while the Galaxy FE is a much larger phone. Both have good cameras, with the FE being more flexible with its extra lenses. The FE has a much better screen (and 120hz refresh), but the 4G version has the gimped Exynos SoC. If you like the idea of a compact phone, have you considered the Pixel 5? In my opinion the P5 justifies the extra cost over the 4a, but the latter will be fine if you'd prefer not to spend the money.

im coming from an S9 (broken) and currently using my work A41 as a dual sim option but I am leaving the company , size isn't really a plus or negative for me.

taking a considerably pay cut so looking at a cheap option thats still going to produce A+ photos

Soldato
Get the Pixel 4a. Voxi currently let you buy one for £11 per month, zero interest and total to pay £330.

I don’t think you even need to buy a plan with them (though they aren’t bad and 30 day rolling).

Back
Top Bottom