Re-Introduction

Associate
Guess I should put something in here as I originally joined in 2005 and have come here a few times since then to get help and advice, but probably never did an introduction.

Anyhoo, I'm back again looking for more advice to build a new gaming PC & interested in all the developments of the past few years.

I've picked up a second hand 5700XT, some new RAM, storage, and have ordered a new case & fans for the new year. I'm then looking to possibly upgrade CPU & MB and then finally g/c again if needed. Then plan to build my first water cooling set up. So definitely be looking for lots of advice & asking stupid questions :D

Hi!

Associate
OP
Cheers, yes I am getting lots of info. My head almost exploded over aRGB! That's something new to me. It looks like it divides opinion but I like the look it gives, but not the lack of harmonisation across brands.

I'm going to have to ask a lot more questions on overclocking and watercooling. When I last did any serious overclocking it was 1, maybe dual, cores so I think there will be plenty to get my head around there.

Man of Honour
Cheers, yes I am getting lots of info. My head almost exploded over aRGB! That's something new to me. It looks like it divides opinion but I like the look it gives, but not the lack of harmonisation across brands.

I'm going to have to ask a lot more questions on overclocking and watercooling. When I last did any serious overclocking it was 1, maybe dual, cores so I think there will be plenty to get my head around there.

I recently bought the wife a machine and overclocked/watercooled/sprayed it cutom colours etc. The whole machine cost a massive £400 but is a little monster :) Best £400 I spent as she doesn't steal mine now:

It's actually got a different board in it now but for a cheap build it's a rocket ship :) Sometimes it runs with white RGB and others Purple...

Associate
OP
I recently bought the wife a machine and overclocked/watercooled/sprayed it cutom colours etc. The whole machine cost a massive £400 but is a little monster :) Best £400 I spent as she doesn't steal mine now:

It's actually got a different board in it now but for a cheap build it's a rocket ship :) Sometimes it runs with white RGB and others Purple...

Nice! And a bargain as well :cool:

Associate
OP
Indeed - So what you building? Anything cool?

Hopefully! I’ve got a lian-li dynamic xl on order which looks incredible; I get the feeling they’re a bit common but if anything that’s a plus for me because it means plenty of experience and knowledge out there. I definitely want to do a custom water cooling loop using hard tubes. I haven’t done enough research into that yet, but thought I’d get the components first then decide on that. But probably an ek distro plate and water blocks, so nothing too exciting to experienced guys but to me it’s gonna be epic!

Man of Honour
Hopefully! I’ve got a lian-li dynamic xl on order which looks incredible; I get the feeling they’re a bit common but if anything that’s a plus for me because it means plenty of experience and knowledge out there. I definitely want to do a custom water cooling loop using hard tubes. I haven’t done enough research into that yet, but thought I’d get the components first then decide on that. But probably an ek distro plate and water blocks, so nothing too exciting to experienced guys but to me it’s gonna be epic!

Awesome ill look out for it! hardline bending is a pain, takes some practice!

Associate

Sometimes I'm left a bit cold by all this RGB but when it's done well it's vey impressive and I have to say Vince you've done it well!

Man of Honour
Sometimes I'm left a bit cold by all this RGB but when it's done well it's vey impressive and I have to say Vince you've done it well!

My personal rig is much less shiny and only the memory and fans have blue rgb, for the wife though it was worth it given how cheap it all was, it really doesn't have to be expensive.

The gpu £27 (Sapphire rx470) - sprayed the right colours, bought off of a Chinese mining farm.
fans/controller - £20 from china
memory - 16gb 3200mhz rgb (nanya a-die), running 3600/cas16 - £35 from china (one stick sprayed white, the other purple)
Water cooling kit (bykski) £75 from china. - Most of it was sprayed to match.
Case £30.

So all the shiny bits and cooling came in at sub £200, all I did then was threw a 3600 and the cheapest b450 money can buy. All in it was a smidge over £400 (not including the 850w platinum supply I stole from one of my mining rigs), really all things considered it is a very decent deal for that machine. Even if I had to wait months for most of the parts :D

Back
Top Bottom