-MSI B450 gaming max plus motherboard
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
-Arctic freezer 34 esports duo red cpu cooler
-Powercolor red devil rx vega 64 8gb HBM2 graphics card
-Patriot viper 4 ddr4 16gb ram 3200mhz
-WD green 240gb ssd m.2
-2tb hdd
-evga 850 gq 80+ gold 850w psu

How does this sound, anything need changing?

Edit: All in £750 max, for warzone, wow, eso, gta few other new releases.

Last edited:
Soldato
How does this sound, anything need changing?

Lots need changing.

The B450 motherboard and Ryzen 3600 have been replaced by the B550 and 5600 respectively.
A 240 GB SSD is on the small side, and a Green HDD isn't right for a PC. Get yourself a 1+ TB M.2 drive instead.
The RX Vega is obsolete.
You want 3600 MHz RAM.

Associate
OP
Lots need changing.

The B450 motherboard and Ryzen 3600 have been replaced by the B550 and 5600 respectively.
A 240 GB SSD is on the small side, and a Green HDD isn't right for a PC. Get yourself a 1+ TB M.2 drive instead.
The RX Vega is obsolete.
You want 3600 MHz RAM.

To add, £750 was the budget sorry.
Its not a green hdd, its a WD green ssd or is that wrong as well?

Soldato
To add, £750 was the budget sorry.

That's a very tight budget. You might be better off going Intel or a console.

Its not a green hdd, its a WD green ssd or is that wrong as well?

Ah, sorry. Got that mixed up. I'd still buy a larger SSD. Now's a REALLY bad time to be buying a PC thanks to the rampant shortages. Consider the GPU a placeholder for the RTX 3050 that's supposed to be launching early next year.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £752.54 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Associate
Don't change too much if you don't have money, try see if you can afford a B550 Tomahawk motherboard. I have a Vega 64 and I am worried about future titles coming out in the future so maybe you wanna get a better one once prices come down.
Try and see if you can squeeze in a larger ssd, you will thank me when you install the games on an ssd. Processor looks OK for near future, you can always upgrade down the line.

Associate
OP
Don't change too much if you don't have money, try see if you can afford a B550 Tomahawk motherboard. I have a Vega 64 and I am worried about future titles coming out in the future so maybe you wanna get a better one once prices come down.
Try and see if you can squeeze in a larger ssd, you will thank me when you install the games on an ssd. Processor looks OK for near future, you can always upgrade down the line.

Thanks for the advice!

Associate
OP
Looking @ 1TB ssd for a first upgrade.

I've came across "Sabrent Rocket" M.2 ssd's for a lot cheaper (£88) than any others. Any reason why there so cheap? And is it decent enough to purchase?

Soldato
The Sabrent Rocket is a highly rated ssd, lot's of posts on this very forum rating them as probably best £ per Gb performance drives, it just OC don't sell them so you have to purchase from elsewhere, don't think you'll have any issues purchasing one of those for your OS drive

Associate
OP
The Sabrent Rocket is a highly rated ssd, lot's of posts on this very forum rating them as probably best £ per Gb performance drives, it just OC don't sell them so you have to purchase from elsewhere, don't think you'll have any issues purchasing one of those for your OS drive

Decent enough to use as a game drive?

Associate
OP
Can I also ask, as I'm a complete novice. The motherboard being a msi b450 gaming max plus, what type of SSD does it support? M2 sata or the other type?

I read the msi page on the motherboard but I literally don't understand a word of it.

Back
Top Bottom