• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raytracing - Would you buy in to it now?

Associate
In cyberpunk its at the expense of draw distance for anyone that is not blind.

Absolute drivel. People are just poop pooing RT because it doesn't suit their agenda.

If I had 6800 series I would probably saying RT is crap too. Once you pop that RT and DLSS on quality it's the next lvl.

Like enabling Anti aliasing. Can't play games without it now.

Associate
Absolute drivel. People are just poop pooing RT because it doesn't suit their agenda.

If I had 6800 series I would probably saying RT is crap too. Once you pop that RT and DLSS on quality it's the next lvl.

no you are quick to use Cyberpunk as a show piece for ray tracing.
Dig into the game and you will see what visuals have been cut.

Associate
So Far Cry 6 has been one of those 'AMD has been working with Ubisoft' games. You know what would be funny.. if Nvidia RT was faster than AMDs :) I bet they're working hard to make sure that's not the case.

Associate
Wolfenstein: Youngblood complete with player reflections.. and a box for a head, still miles better than Cyberpunk on that front.

Associate
So Far Cry 6 has been one of those 'AMD has been working with Ubisoft' games. You know what would be funny.. if Nvidia RT was faster than AMDs :) I bet they're working hard to make sure that's not the case.

That game is like 6 months away.

They probably remove DLSS out of the box. Just so 6800xt don't lose to a 3060ti

Associate
lol yeah hey ho, I guess it was like that before ray tracing came about. Some game engines favour one or the other card.

They don't have to draw player reflections in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines ! ....

tl;dr I'm pumped for current and future RT games!

Caporegime

And it took anti aliasing quite a while before it was usable in games without tanking framerates.

Also, you talking about an agenda? Pot meet Kettle.

Soldato

Why wouldn't it be faster than AMD? It's basically twice as fast on 3xxx, and uses essentially the same system.

Associate
When there are cards available i'll look to pick up a 3070 to replace my radeon vii. I'll turn it on to see how it looks on cyberpunk, and then turn it off so I can continue to play at 1440p with minimums of 90hz+ at high/ultra. After playing on a 144hz monitor, there is no way im halving my framerates for more accurate and detailed reflections. Hopefully cyberpunk sees some more bug fixes by then.

I've tried DLSS with an RTX 2060 on my 1080p laptop and there wasn't a large drop in visual quality, but enough to for me to never want it on. I'm not gonna bother with cyberpunk on my laptop as i've been warned off for a few months until the game is out of its current beta state.

I think the next couple gen of cards will focus more on improving ray tracing performance instead of outright rasterisation improvement, so if theres a decent chunk of games, then I might look to pick up a high end card next time.

HDR is the most significant thing that i've seen implemented in games over the last few years even though my monitor is only HDR400. I can't afford to keep up with monitors but when there are gaming monitors with HDR1000 in the mainstream then i'll keep an eye out until i can get a deal.

Caporegime
Not it didn't. Took two gens. Same like RT to get playable. You probably don't remember as you were still in your nappies at the time :p

You're so full of **** its amazing, all different types of aa techniques were brought in over the years to try and mitigate the performance hit. Might be helpful if you had the slightest clue what you're gibbering about, shillbot.

Associate
What card are you using to draw this conclusion?
my one? and any gameplay on youtube?

Edit: I'm not saying RT has any impact on the draw distance. I'm saying the draw distance has been gimped in the game with and without it. But the game is been hailed as "jaw dropping" by some. In case there was some confusion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom