Need some help with my Ryzen PC

Associate
Hi Guys,

Need some help, as I am getting game crashes fairly frequently.
Three main games i have noticed this with:

Cyberpunk - I know it has issues, but my crashing seems to be getting worse
issues: My game seems to give me a flatline crash every 15 minutes, so currently rendering it unplayable, as I cant even complete a GIG right now.
I solved it briefly by completely uninstalling my Nvidia Drivers (DDU) and installing the old Game Ready Drivers Nvidia released for the game, It worked fine and I played for a few hours... Today it crashes, a lot and I cant play

World War Z - Game randomly crashes, this is usually around the 20 minute mark. application crash and then all gets fine

No Mans Sky - Game has random stutters and freezes, then crashes to desktop, no application error or anything given.

These are the main games, I have played and seem to be having an issue with.

I also lately, seem to be having the odd random blue screen:
The last two i caught had the following errors:
1 - what failed: win32kbase.sys.... SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
2 - what failed: navagio.sys... DRTIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

Current System Specs:
Ryzen 5 - 2600X 4.2 boost clock on average
MSI X570 tomohawk
2x8Gb DDR4 3600 CL19 Corsair Vengence RAM
Zotac Trinity OC RTX3080 - No overclocked, running as is out the box
Corsair RM850 80+ Gold

What I have tried:
- Did a system reset recently
- Tried checking event viewer, honestly a lot of that is gibberish to me so I don't entirely understand what I am reading.
- monitoring temps: CPU max temp - 68 degrees, GPU - 73 degrees, boost clock maintains 1900+-

I suspect that this may be a windows error, but right now I am not entirely sure and would just like a bit of guidance on how to debug or check windows if there's broken reg entries or something along that line.
Also will take any other advice too!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is there anything in the Event Logs?

in the event log, if i filter by Critical and Error: I can see the crash "The previous system shutdown at 17:41:37 on ‎21/‎12/‎2020 was unexpected." looking for an error or alert I cannot see anything in the event logs around the time that would relate to the crash

in regards to the game crashes:
No Critical / error logs around the time.
this is the only error I can see at the time and it is a warning "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID"

Associate
Hmm. Just thinking about the RAM. What speed is it currently at? Because 3600 even with slack timings is really high for a 2000 series.
My 2700X struggles with 3200.
I think this could be a RAM problem.

Enable XMP/DOCP, and set the speed at 2933MHz, and make sure it sets the RAM voltage correctly, probably 1.35v.
Or even set to Auto, run it at 2400 and see if it's stable.

Man of Honour
Memory- what speed is ot running? As above my 2700x struggled with anything over 3200. You can make it go higher but it needs proper tweaking not just smash the dcop in the bios.

Soldato
in the event log, if i filter by Critical and Error: I can see the crash "The previous system shutdown at 17:41:37 on ‎21/‎12/‎2020 was unexpected." looking for an error or alert I cannot see anything in the event logs around the time that would relate to the crash

Typically helpful, I see!

Associate
OP
Hmm. Just thinking about the RAM. What speed is it currently at? Because 3600 even with slack timings is really high for a 2000 series.
My 2700X struggles with 3200.
I think this could be a RAM problem.

Enable XMP/DOCP, and set the speed at 2933MHz, and make sure it sets the RAM voltage correctly, probably 1.35v.
Or even set to Auto, run it at 2400 and see if it's stable.

My RAM isnt overclocked or manually set.
Its on XMP profile 2.

will pull it down to 2933 and see if that makes things anymore stable.

Back
Top Bottom