Nobody - Better Call Saul becomes John Wick (from the John Wick team).

Soldato
Hi All,

Looks like the John Wick team decided to "reboot" their original story to be more of a character piece about a man with a hidden past adapting to being a suburban dad but still retaining some of the John Wick action scenes. I'll give it a watch :D

Man of Honour
Spoiled it with the trailer really. Does no one know how to make a good trailer any more?

EDIT: They could have started it at 2:41 TBH and got people wanting to watch the movie - not even given it a name or tell you anything about it - now I feel I've seen all the best bits already.

Soldato
Spoiled it with the trailer really. Does no one know how to make a good trailer any more?

EDIT: They could have started it at 2:41 TBH and got people wanting to watch the movie - not even given it a name or tell you anything about it - now I feel I've seen all the best bits already.
I really don’t get modern trailers do people really want to see all the best bits before they see the film?

Soldato
I really don’t get modern trailers do people really want to see all the best bits before they see the film?

Basically yes. I'll repost what I said about this earlier this year, can't find a link to the original article now but this is the sad states of things, this is why I won't watch anything beyond a 60 second teaser these days.

Trailers are deliberately made and marketed to give loads of the movie away. Something like 70/80% of film goers that are regularly surveyed say they want trailers of this style so they know exactly what they are getting.

These are commonly known as cinema 'casuals' and make up the majority of box office takings, therefore studios pander to the request and essentially show you a cut down version of the entire movie across 2 and a half minutes.

Soldato
Basically yes. I'll repost what I said about this earlier this year, can't find a link to the original article now but this is the sad states of things, this is why I won't watch anything beyond a 60 second teaser these days.

Trailers are deliberately made and marketed to give loads of the movie away. Something like 70/80% of film goers that are regularly surveyed say they want trailers of this style so they know exactly what they are getting.

These are commonly known as cinema 'casuals' and make up the majority of box office takings, therefore studios pander to the request and essentially show you a cut down version of the entire movie across 2 and a half minutes.
Stuff like this never fails to amaze me, who wants to waste a couple of hours watching a film when they already know whats going to happen, have seen the best jokes/action and probably had the twist revealed. People are so dull.

Soldato
Stuff like this never fails to amaze me, who wants to waste a couple of hours watching a film when they already know whats going to happen, have seen the best jokes/action and probably had the twist revealed. People are so dull.

It is saddening...never underestimate the simplicity of the majority of folks though.

Soldato
This is out at the cinema now.

Was pretty enjoyable.

Actually a lot of content and plot not given away in the trailers either.

Some good humour in it and decent action sequences.

Soldato
Just out on Sky, watched it tonight and thought it was thoroughly brilliant. Really enjoyable vengeance movie. Christopher Lloyd was brilliant! The tomato meter doesn’t lie ;)

Back
Top Bottom