Cyberpunk 2077 fault and fixes (no spoilers)

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Trying to look through the main thread and getting to many spoilers on guns sorry ect.

So idea is to start a dedicated thread not to the game but its problems and work around.

I played on midnight of release and a couple bight later on the 1.01 patch, for about 6 hours.

Then work picked up and wasn't able to play till I broke up, now on the latest 1.05 and 1.06 patch its stuggles running longer then 5 minutes and is completely unplayable.

So far I have tried

Nvidia drivers (latest)
Verify via steam (doesn't find a fault)
Closed ever back ground app
Reinstalled the game
Updated Windows
I delete the config file everything i load up
Run all low settings
Windowed or full screen
Vsync on or off
Dlss on or off
rtx on or off

I'm running out of ideas and everywhere on the web says the same things that I've tried.

My specs are
5800x
Aurous x570 master
32gb 4400mhz ram
3090 fe
1300w psu
Lg 65c9
Avc-x4700h

Has any one got any ideas as its done nothing but give me a head trying all day to get it to run.

Man of Honour
Steam has an overlay which you can disable.

Might just be the game though - I can play for roughly 2 hours before it goes from a pretty solid 60 FPS to an unplayable laggy 45 FPS - other people seem to get it all the time.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Steam has an overlay which you can disable.

Might just be the game though - I can play for roughly 2 hours before it goes from a pretty solid 60 FPS to an unplayable laggy 45 FPS - other people seem to get it all the time.

How do you do that ? Tbh performance isn't an issue plays really well when it isn't crashing. Just so frustrating that I worked brilliantly before the update

Associate
Disable the Nvidia Experience overlay too. I was getting crashes with both that and Afterburner enabled that stopped when I disabled it.

Associate
I used to have a LOT of crashes back when I was using Geforce Experience software and I haven't installed it since.

This was a good few years ago mind but it would be one of the first apps/processes to kill off to rule it out as an issue.

Soldato
Steam overlay defo has issues with CP2077. I have only ever had Crashes when I have used Steam chat (literally will crash within the first sentence being typed) and I have 130hrs.
I would follow the advice and turn off the overlay.

Good luck.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Tried the steam and geforce disable crashed in less then 3 minutes so decided to roll back my nvidia drivers from .89 back to .79 played for 3 hours no crash thank god.

I hope this can be helpful for some one else as everything says makes sure drivers are up to date when that caused nothing but hard crashes for me.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Think is 1 to1 with IF at 1900 so should be 3800, with cl 14 timings I think been a while since I did them. No other program has had a problem seems game related other wise would BSOD. Since I've rolled back the drivers and done the above it isn't crashing

Associate
Tried the steam and geforce disable crashed in less then 3 minutes so decided to roll back my nvidia drivers from .89 back to .79 played for 3 hours no crash thank god.

I hope this can be helpful for some one else as everything says makes sure drivers are up to date when that caused nothing but hard crashes for me.
I had started this last night, played for over an hour seemed ok then have had 3 crashes in the next hour.
Tried G-force experience uninstalled and also afterburner not running still crashing, will roll back drivers and let you know how it goes.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I had started this last night, played for over an hour seemed ok then have had 3 crashes in the next hour.
Tried G-force experience uninstalled and also afterburner not running still crashing, will roll back drivers and let you know how it goes.

Hopefully may work for you mate its so frustrating.

Soldato
I'm on a laptop with a 7700HQ (no OC) and a GTX1070 Mobile and after 150hrs I haven't had a single CTD yet.

I've run 140hrs at 4k Low (only LOD is High) for 30fps and 10 hrs of 1080p Ultra (no DoF or Motion blur) for 60fps with my laptop running 85-95'c CPU and 65-70'c GPU (new Kryonaut paste applied to both a month ago) for between 8-12hrs a day over 17 days so far (in Saudi off work with a busted knee) so I've definitely "stress-tested" my setup and can't make it CTD, even ramping up the 4k settings just makes it run extremely slow rather than CTD.

After watching a Jayz2cents video I wonder if people suffering lots of CTD's have changed any hardware in the past (i.e. changed GPU etc) before playing the game i.e. old hidden drivers/software causing issues? I know it won't be everyone but there's a really odd difference between PC gamers having nothing but CTD's and others like myself having zero CTD's that can't just be "the game is broken".

Back
Top Bottom