Postage prices to Europe sky rocketed?

Soldato
Just checked prices for a medium sized parcel to Italy on various price comparison sites and seems prices have rocketed with very few services compared to only a week or so ago.

Used to be about between £10-£25 with plenty of different couriers. Now everything is £80 plus.

Same with eBay GSP, not even offering services to mainland europe today anyway, shipped a couple of parcels to France just last week but cant seem to see any services right now with GSP.

Have i missed something or brexit?

Associate
Yup the cost of doing business with/in Europe will go up.

I read yesterday the mobile phone providers aren't going to put roaming charges back up, but in the long run we all know they will. There's too much money to be made.

Soldato
Yup the cost of doing business with/in Europe will go up.

I read yesterday the mobile phone providers aren't going to put roaming charges back up, but in the long run we all know they will. There's too much money to be made.
Why do you assume that? Already many countries outside of the EU are free to roam in for most providers (US, Canada, Australia etc.) and providers offered free roaming to loads of European countries before it became an EU law.

Associate
This is true, with my 3 contract i can use my phone normally in a lot of countries before and after Brexit. But now that there is no rules enforcing this it's only a matter of time before costs start to creep up. If they see ways of making money out of it why wouldn't they.

Soldato
Just checked prices for a medium sized parcel to Italy on various price comparison sites and seems prices have rocketed with very few services compared to only a week or so ago.

Used to be about between £10-£25 with plenty of different couriers. Now everything is £80 plus.

That's weird, what could possibly have changed in just a week?

Soldato
I had a pickup arranged with UPS going to Italy today and they refused it because they are "only accepting UPS Express parcels at the moment", and that I'll have to rearrange the pickup for some time in the new year.

So just sounds like some temporary congestion at the border which is also driving up prices as couriers are only accepting air flown deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom