Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
If you're not trying for a Platinum trophy, they just play the main campaign. Plenty to do etc.
You only need to go hunting all the large wealth (and a fair few smaller ones) if you're seeking 100% on everything.

Soldato
If you're not trying for a Platinum trophy, they just play the main campaign. Plenty to do etc.
You only need to go hunting all the large wealth (and a fair few smaller ones) if you're seeking 100% on everything.

I am absolutely chasing the plat, but I shall be relying on Ubisoft to fix a quest bug or I'll be locked out of it.

Soldato
It really does start to drag. I am currently doing Glowecestrescire and think I have 2-3 regions left.

I'm just starting London, Im at level 124, looks like I have tons to do to reach the level of some of the other regions. Im just playing it in small stints as well, doing a bit of fishing currently so I can get the resources to upgrade my armour.

Soldato
Christ, the combat just isn't gelling for me right now.

I had no issues with origins and odyssey, but just on my first mission out to invade fjortvall (or something) and just dying over and over and over

I went for a run outside that place but couldn't find any herbs or stuff to restore health.

I just can't get the hang of bloody blocking when dual wielding.

Is there some place i can just go and practise?

Soldato
Christ, the combat just isn't gelling for me right now.

I had no issues with origins and odyssey, but just on my first mission out to invade fjortvall (or something) and just dying over and over and over

I went for a run outside that place but couldn't find any herbs or stuff to restore health.

I just can't get the hang of bloody blocking when dual wielding.

Is there some place i can just go and practise?

Yeah, i'm similar. I've come straight from Odyssey having only recently started/finished it.

Health not auto regenerating is taking some getting used to. Same with not being able to craft arrows. Although a part of the help section suggests i should be able to.

Soldato
I'm just starting London, Im at level 124, looks like I have tons to do to reach the level of some of the other regions. Im just playing it in small stints as well, doing a bit of fishing currently so I can get the resources to upgrade my armour.

For armour upgrades, you're best bet is just to buy the materials from the vendors as money is rarely a problem in the game (mostly because there's little worth buying unless you love the cosmetic stuff).

Caporegime
I've never known a game drag on so much, there's just too much filler that decouples you from the story so much it's hard to get into it really. I get that they want to add gameplay hours but if you're a completionist you'll probably spend about 100 hours climbing down wells or trying to get behind destructable walls/locked doors for chests. Then there's the drinking games around every corner and multiple 2-3 second finishing animations during fights... I'd like to know how many hours it takes to complete if you just stick to the story and ignore all of the filler stuff and to be honest I wish I'd just taken that route. I'm at the point now where I just want to finish the story and to hell with everything else.

I never completed Skyrim and this game feels so much like it now, it has pretty much morphed into it.

Soldato
Don't need to complete the drinking games for all the trophies - you do need to complete one I think it is for a cultist clue, but I also think I accidentally killed said cultist before I revealed him.
Again, if you're going for 100% completion you only need the "large wealth" items, the small, down the well ones can be safely ignored.

Of course you're going to have to sink stupid amounts of hours in if your a completionist - but it goes with the territory with this kind of game.
If you only want to play it through for the story you can literally miss all of the collections, sub-missions, wealth etc.

Caporegime
I couldn't care less about trophies but I normally like to complete games 100%, no way that is happening with this game though I'm at the point having conquered all of the territories where I just want to see how the story finishes and be done with it. For me probably the most enjoyable part of it has been finding clues about and assassinating the order members.

I forgot to mention a couple of quests have bugged as well so even I wanted to fully complete it I might not be possible without a patch.

Soldato
Hunting down the order members was one of my favourite bits, it's a shame that it didn't really feel fully integrated into the story in the same way as Odyssey/Origins. At times it felt like they'd packed in too many competing stories and they didn't always mesh together that well.

Soldato
Hunting down the order members was one of my favourite bits, it's a shame that it didn't really feel fully integrated into the story in the same way as Odyssey/Origins. At times it felt like they'd packed in too many competing stories and they didn't always mesh together that well.

I thought the cultist bit was poorly meshed into story in odyssey. Hard to believe they could have made it worse.

I thought i had read it was better integrated in this

Oh we, I'll push through - if i can get into the combat. I don't know why it's not working for me right now.

Also, does eivor wear the most flammable clothing on the planet. He just seems to burst into flames at even the hint of going near a fire

Soldato
The burning/poison was borderline broken in Odyssey too from memory, in this one it seems less deadly to both Eivor and enemies but yes s/he does catch fire like they're made of kindling :D

Back
Top Bottom