Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Associate
Haven't had any crashes on Cod for a while but lost sound then shortly after Xbox crashed out of game back to dashboard whilst playing Battlefield 5 earlier. Think there are still a few bugs in the OS and certain games are highlighting them.

Soldato
Haven't had any crashes on Cod for a while but lost sound then shortly after Xbox crashed out of game back to dashboard whilst playing Battlefield 5 earlier. Think there are still a few bugs in the OS and certain games are highlighting them.

Yea, it's hard to tell where the root cause issues are, because for me, there's an awful lot of "new" in the tech stack. 120HZ tv, new console, HMDI2.1, etc.

Associate
Yea, it's hard to tell where the root cause issues are, because for me, there's an awful lot of "new" in the tech stack. 120HZ tv, new console, HMDI2.1, etc.
Exactly, I think this is part of the problem, we are basically beta testing the hardware and software. Obviously Covid won't have helped either Microsoft or Sony, hence both console's aren't 100% stable and feature full.

Soldato
I've got a pattern I follow when I get a crash. It will always be when I'm messing around in the load out or crossroads. It will freeze if it's the load out area and in crossroads it will freeze with the sound carrying on. I'll quit it from the dashboard menu and then restart the console. If I just relaunch the game without a restart the frame rate tanks and I can't hit a barn door as it stutters so much.

Associate
Had my first couple of hard lock-ups last night. Played MP for a couple of hours and it was fine. Went on to play a couple of rounds of zombies and it appears to be really specific when it crashes - whenever I reload the Gallo SA12 at the crash site, the whole console locks up for a minute then crashes the game. Also get a horrendous noise through my headset that felt like it had burst my ear drums.

Soldato
Had a couple of crashes the other day, but none since.

Hit it for a couple of hours this afternoon until my hanfs ached and no crashes.

Soldato
Played far too much this weekend. Dreary rainy, windy weekend, so I played it for hours straight. Starting to get a little competent with sniper rifles.... relatively speaking. Got only a couple bloodthirsty medals to go and then 4 double kills and the Tundra is gold.

Soldato
Got a fancy animated calling card for finishing all the killer challenges, very nice. Also now got gold for the AUG so on to trying for Gold with the DMG and Street sweeper combo. I had to laugh at someone moaning about me using the "noob" street sweeper whilst using a MAC10 themselves.

Soldato
I was getting kicked out over every game (5 in a row) on warzone the other night on my PS5 with the 'Dev error 5573', being booted back to the main menu.

Fully powered off the PS5, removed power a for a few mins, turned it back on. Then moved the game from external SSD to internal, and changed my operator from Stitch (black ops) to Sims (MW?) and have now played 20-30 games with no issues.

May help if someone else is getting the same issue. Not sure which of the above things fixed it but I'm not going to change anything back! :D

Soldato
I nearly cried last night.

Quick whirl after work, third game in ....Nuketown Domination, against a nearly full clan team ... but my team's holding our own on A and B. The team actually listens to me when I ask them not to push the opposition base, and thus the spawns don't flip, and there's no need to check our backsides.

Bloodthirsty, Merciless, Ruthless all come nice and quickly. Whip out my second war machine on a Brutal (26 gun/war machine kills and no deaths, so an easy 4 to go) with plenty of time left on the clock ... I'm smiling because I'm basically guaranteed a nuke ... something I didn't think I'll get in this game due to SBMM. Step my foot out the front door of our base, and a guided missile lands on my head :(

Last edited:
Associate
Zombies Free trial for a week starting tomorrow LINK Really enjoyed the multiplayer over xmas so will definite give this a good go. Hopefully my weapons progression will pass over from the last trial.

Q is zombies multiplayer?

Soldato
I love the M16! It's so accurate and powerful. I feel like I'm cheating when I get a kill with a single 3 round burst.

Try the KSP45 SMG mate, then you'll know what cheating feels like! No SMG should be able to one burst... yet this one does :D

I hated the gun to start with, but then got used to it and it absolutely smashes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried a reinstall of the whole lot yesterday to see if it would solve the crashing/stuttering Crossroads thing but no luck unfortunately. I noticed they've nerfed the DMG which is making it even more frustrating to prestige it.

Back
Top Bottom