• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
cpu yes but gpu you are wrong. bitcoin has rocketed. nvidia 3080 pulling in 135 quid a month.
Whilst consuming needless volumes of electricity at a time when the world needs to be reducing its carbon foot print. It’s simply a matter of time before government regulation knocks the value back to the Stone Age

Associate
bloody hell, I ordered a 5600x 4 days ago for £320, now it drops to £299 4 days later. Hasnt even shipped yet, feel a tad mugged off

Getting a bit fed up with this. Ordered 5 days ago, everything in stock and OC still haven't shipped. Totally understand there are delays at the moment but ordered more stuff from a competitor on the same day and received theirs 2 days after! Why do OC take a week?

Associate
Whilst consuming needless volumes of electricity at a time when the world needs to be reducing its carbon foot print. It’s simply a matter of time before government regulation knocks the value back to the Stone Age

I am using Nicehash to get bitcoin myself (ok, gpu actually generates etherium which trades for bitcoins...to be accurate)..

Yes it's hot. But this is winter, and so it's heating the house which I happen to be stuck inside all day in these Covid times. So central heating is off....no energy wasted! Environmentaly friendly mining!

Ps £135 month yes, but only whilst this bubble still lasts, and only if cashed before the bubble
bursts again...

Associate
I am using Nicehash to get bitcoin myself (ok, gpu actually generates etherium which trades for bitcoins...to be accurate)..

Yes it's hot. But this is winter, and so it's heating the house which I happen to be stuck inside all day in these Covid times. So central heating is off....no energy wasted! Environmentaly friendly mining!

Ps £135 month yes, but only whilst this bubble still lasts, and only if cashed before the bubble
bursts again...

People always spread news about bitcoin at its peak, never when they're making pennies per day :p The high gains rarely last, the more you mine, the less valuable it is, so the best time to get involved is after a new gen of gpu comes out, then cash out.

Associate
Any official news of when OCUK will be restocking the 5900x??

I have one on pre order since release date for £509, but at this rate I would be more than happy to pay £600 so I can finish off my pre Christmas build :confused:

Associate
Ordered the 5600x 8 days ago and it's still sat at "Order received - not yet shipped", anyone have an idea of when we can actually expect them to ship?

Associate
Ordered the 5600x 8 days ago and it's still sat at "Order received - not yet shipped", anyone have an idea of when we can actually expect them to ship?

Makes you wonder if what they claim to have in stock and what they have in stock in reality are actually the same don't it :)

Associate
Any official news of when OCUK will be restocking the 5900x??

I have one on pre order since release date for £509, but at this rate I would be more than happy to pay £600 so I can finish off my pre Christmas build :confused:

I had mine weeks ago now, all back orders were supposed to be cleared, I bought day before they shut pre orders at 559, if ordered with other parts it won't be shipped untill there already unless you request them to do so, I ordered with a 3080 so asked them to ship separately

Associate
Thanks all for the heads up.

I have 5900x on pre order at the other place but they seem to have lost 1000+ which should have be in stock by now :mad:

I am considering paying extra and picking up an 5950x, but due mostly gaming. I struggling to justify the cost/use of the extra cores.

I do want productivity option, reason for not going with a 5600x.

Associate
Thanks all for the heads up.

I have 5900x on pre order at the other place but they seem to have lost 1000+ which should have be in stock by now :mad:

I am considering paying extra and picking up an 5950x, but due mostly gaming. I struggling to justify the cost/use of the extra cores.

I do want productivity option, reason for not going with a 5600x.

Same situation buddy. Ordered minutes after release day. Still waiting (over 2 months later). The fact that 1000+ have gone missing is really poor. I would cancel my pre-order if it wasn’t for the fact that literally no other store has any in stock anyway.

Associate
Same situation buddy. Ordered minutes after release day. Still waiting (over 2 months later). The fact that 1000+ have gone missing is really poor. I would cancel my pre-order if it wasn’t for the fact that literally no other store has any in stock anyway.

Yeah that's where I am too exactly. Was considering swopping out for other cpus... but seems a bit pointless for the cash to go even deeper for a 5950x for mostly gaming (probably 8 year old games too).... or a 5800x I suppose... I'm losing hope though.

Back
Top Bottom