800 RPM fans?

Associate
Recently bought the Phanteks P500a (non-rgb case). I heard some bad things about the 2 stock fans so have started purchasing additional/replacement fans.

I bought 2 Noctua 140mm fans that are ultra quiet (Noctua NF-A14 ULN). The concern that I have is that their only 800rpm.

Airflow: 46.9 CFM
Static Pressure: 0.69mm H20

Noctua on their website state the fans are "ideal for use on watercooling radiators or as an upgrade for 140mm case fans."

I'm just wondering whether they would be suitable as Intake or Exhaust fans or both?

Ideally 3 front intake fans, 1 rear exhaust and 1 (possibly 2 top fans as exhaust).

So should I put the 2 fans I already purchased as Exhaust fans and buy more powerful but slightly louder fans as intake?

Associate
OP
Soldato
I'm guessing even lower for a pure air build (won't be using radiators as I'm going fully air cooled)
You still want a measure of static pressure, to push the airflow through the vents, grilles, meshes, filters, HDD cages and whatever else.
If you can get decent SP with massive airflow, all the better.

Associate
OP
You still want a measure of static pressure, to push the airflow through the vents, grilles, meshes, filters, HDD cages and whatever else.
If you can get decent SP with massive airflow, all the better.
OK so am I better off putting these as exhaust fans and buying higher airflow + higher static fans as intake? That should mean a positive airflow right?

What I'm not sure as a first time builder is to whether positive or negative airflow is better, there seems to be a lot of mixed opinion online...

Associate
I'd use them as exhausts over intakes, so in the rood and rear, then get some Arctic P14 PWM PST's for intakes.

I don't know what the stocks fans are like as I replaced all of them in my P600S with the Arctics.

Back
Top Bottom