• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

OcUK Staff
OP
is it just a supply thing or are you under staffed due to covid and stuff too ? ive seen a few people ask and i know you cant reply to everyone ha ha

all the best must be stressful at the minute !

Business levels are beyond that of Black Friday still with no signs of slowing down. We also have a warehouse staff limit due to Covid to keep staff safe.

OcUK Staff
OP
hi Gibbo thanks for the swift response just wondered as I am an impatient person can I get next day expedited delivery to speed up the process or will I be wasting my money? its just that I only have a few days in which to complete my build before I am back to work

The delivery option is only valid from point of despatch the delays are at our warehouse due to massive increase in orders and the fact we can’t increase staffing levels due to Covid.

Associate
Hello!

To be honest not sure if this is 100% the right place but I pre-ordered a 5900x this time last week and have not yet recieved an order confirmation by e-mail or any notification of where I am in the queue, but the money has been taken, this is the first time I've ordered from Overclockers so not sure if it's normal procedure.

Obviously as £600+ of mine is now effecitvely in escro it would be encouraging to know this order has actually been recieved, and although understandably no-one really knows whats going on right now a prediction as to if my pre-order would be in the next batch would be great, as if I'm going to be waiting while say late March I'd rather cancel and possibly get a 5800x, I have the rest of my parts waiting!

Any information would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Soldato
Not sure how ocuk deals with preorders, but if you want a specific answer on your order might be worth starting a thread in the customer service forums: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/order-queries.118/

I've heard it's taking a little while to get responses at the moment but may be your best bet. Also, if you set up an account hopefully if you log in and find 'my orders' hopefully something should show up there.

Associate
Hello!

To be honest not sure if this is 100% the right place but I pre-ordered a 5900x this time last week and have not yet recieved an order confirmation by e-mail or any notification of where I am in the queue, but the money has been taken, this is the first time I've ordered from Overclockers so not sure if it's normal procedure.

Obviously as £600+ of mine is now effecitvely in escro it would be encouraging to know this order has actually been recieved, and although understandably no-one really knows whats going on right now a prediction as to if my pre-order would be in the next batch would be great, as if I'm going to be waiting while say late March I'd rather cancel and possibly get a 5800x, I have the rest of my parts waiting!

Cheers

Well I spoke to someone yesterday (not from ocUK) who said there were no shipments coming into the UK for several weeks due to Brexit and other issues. It rings true for everyone as OcUK have on these forums said the same thing basically - no eta currently for the 59xx cpus. I cancelled my preorder yest and switched to a 5800 because I'm currently without a computer. If it was definitely 2 weeks then I'd think about waiting. It feels like it could be two weeks followed by more uncertainty currently.

Man of Honour
Well I spoke to someone yesterday (not from ocUK) who said there were no shipments coming into the UK for several weeks due to Brexit and other issues. It rings true for everyone as OcUK have on these forums said the same thing basically - no eta currently for the 59xx cpus. I cancelled my preorder yest and switched to a 5800 because I'm currently without a computer. If it was definitely 2 weeks then I'd think about waiting. It feels like it could be two weeks followed by more uncertainty currently.
Yup I saw similar based on other websites. Ended up paying over the odds for a 5950x... I was bleating for some time that I wasn’t willing to pay more than RRP (as I loathe the idea of paying more) but I have a narrow window of free time that I want to spend building the pc. If I wasn’t so constrained, I would have been more than happy to wait.

Everyone loses in the long term really... I don’t think I’ll be ordering from that company again because I don’t appreciate having to pay a grossly inflated higher price (even if that’s a result of my personal desire to get on with it in a narrow time frame). On the other hand, you could say that if they had it at RRP (or thereabouts) then it would have been out of stock... so it’s only by virtue of them having it at a higher price that I was able to get it. But that position has only arisen because of people raising prices in the first place.

An awkward balance. Not sure what to think.

Associate
Can't due to sickness or is recruiting off the cards atm?

As a supervisor in logistics I can tell you it is due to social distancing guide lines and track and tracing who people come in contact with at work in the case of a outbreak, Having to limit the max amount of people using facilities such as canteen and toilets at the same time. It has increased my daily work loads dealing with administrative tasks all though we are having to use less temp labour than we normally do.

Associate
Not sure how ocuk deals with preorders, but if you want a specific answer on your order might be worth starting a thread in the customer service forums: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/order-queries.118/

I've heard it's taking a little while to get responses at the moment but may be your best bet. Also, if you set up an account hopefully if you log in and find 'my orders' hopefully something should show up there.

Thank you got the response! I can see the order on my orders so at least I know its definately gone through. Just crossing my fingers that we get a magic delivery out of nowhere, im dying to build my PC. :D

Soldato
Thank you got the response! I can see the order on my orders so at least I know its definately gone through. Just crossing my fingers that we get a magic delivery out of nowhere, im dying to build my PC. :D
That's something at least then :). And haha yeah fingers crossed! Is a very frustrating time to be building a PC - I recently ordered a bunch of parts for my own build, so just been through the process of revising my choices down to what's actually in stock and speed-clicking stock notifications to try and get a graphics card! Hopefully the last bits should be arriving tomorrow.

Had been thinking of getting a 5900X myself but in the end decided to go with the 5800X as it should be enough for my personal uses, plus I just couldn't wait (and the price is a fair bit lower than it was a few weeks back which made it more attractive)!

Associate
Still waiting on an 5900x to complete my first AMD build. Order on release date.

Ended up purchasing the 5600x for £280, for now and will sell it for around £220 - £240, once my 5900x finally arrives.

5600x is so impressive for gaming only a few FPS slower than the 5900x.

I also have the DARK HERO Motherboard which is a bit pricey but amazing :cool:

Soldato
I'm going to cave in and order a 56, or 58 too until I can get hold of a 5950. Have a build sat unused since early dec. No cpu, no gfx, no psu and can't even get the keyboard I want. This really sucks.

Back
Top Bottom