• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon

Associate
Does anyone have any first hand experience with this card?

Not sure the design is great really but might be a performing monster?

It's basically the no frills version of a red devil right?

Associate
Yes and no, I found when I tried the 5700XT version it was a bit hot and loud for my liking so I sold it on. Any reviews of it to check the noise levels etc?

All of the 5700xt's were hot and loud, the 5700xt Red Dragon was actually one of the best for temps and noise. It was one of the better cards out of all of them, only the Sapphire Nitro and Pulse were better.

Associate
OP
I've cancelled my red dragon 6800xt so one more should be available for someone else.

I'm sure it would be a great card but at £899+delivery it's sitting on my mind given I've not researched the card prior.

Soldato
I've cancelled my red dragon 6800xt so one more should be available for someone else.

I'm sure it would be a great card but at £899+delivery it's sitting on my mind given I've not researched the card prior.

The Sapphire Nitro+ cards are the best AMD cards. You could have got that for £859.99. The Red Dragon should really have been cheaper than that since it has a weaker cooler. Also you should get free delivery as a forum member if you sign in.

Associate
No first hand experience but my Sapphire R9 290X was by far and a way the best AMD card I’ve ever had in term of build quality, performance and packaging. My next AMD card will be a Sapphire one.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Seems to cancel was perhaps the right thing to do.. The only other card I'd have considered in the AMD range was the 6800xt red devil.. Which I'm sure would be amazing but it's another £50+ on top of the already inflated cost of the red devil card.

Back
Top Bottom