*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Those patch notes aren't going to pull me back enough to finish this.

I reckon I'll come back late this year. Still, I had a good amount of hours with the early versions so I can at least can see what progress they make first hand. I came to the Witcher 3 late, so didn't see the problems that had early on.

I don't think we'll see anything other than "stability/performance/visual bug fixes" in these patches until the release of the various DLC as it''ll probably only be as part of the DLC that we might start to see any of the previously removed content being added back into the game.

Soldato
Please expand on this.

There were several you could rpg balk at.
Take down a non corrupt politicians
Help a corp screw over someone over
Help a corp get sex tapes on someone to blackmail them
That sort of stuff, even the rescue the guy who is being hunted by 6th street when he hires a house full of hookers and gets them all slaughtered, i felt like putting a bullet through his head myself

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Patch Notes:

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:

• Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI

• Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual

• Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements

• Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous

• Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific

• Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific

• Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific

• It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific

• Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Oh would you look at that. Not only console fixes ;)

To be honest the patch is a bit meh. Nothing in there that makes me want to update it and give it a go. Maybe next month’s patch will be better.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fixed that for ya!
Lol. Yeah. It is going to take them at least a year to get patches and the first expansion out for it to warrant a replay from me. Though I still plan to fire it up after the next patch and continue exploring and complete the handful of achievements that were left to do which required me to respec.

Man of Honour
Please expand on this.

My V emerged as a character as I played, which usually happens in games I play. They therefore had a sense of ethics. Not the same as mine. That should be obvious, but I've learned from experience that it's necessary to spell things out in great detail and even then some people will lie about what I've written because I don't wholly obey whatever ideology they're followers of.

To put it another way, I tend to roleplay games that have roleplaying content in them.

Associate
I've seen two 1.1 patch videos, one has a traffic light pole missing 4 mins in and the other a NPC glitch around the map 2 mins in (unless that's an ability? :)). How much money has this game made so far?

Man of Honour
Seems related to The Ballad of Buck Ravers "quest" but I can't find an exact match on Google - it must depend slightly depending on options you choose when playing. I can't find a specific match in my completed list either - it popped up as a side job in Japantown after I'd cleared the area.

Can you give me any information about anything about Johnny's background that you learned from this mysterious mission? That would help me determine whether or not I've already done it.

Soldato
Kinda disappointed by the patch tbh.
Was thinking of doing a second playthrough as female V this time after the patch dropped but it doesnt seem to really fix all that much.

Guess Ill wait till the next one.

Soldato
The first patch that might 'save the game' isn't the bug fix patches, people have either played it all, and are done, in which case like me, they simply put up and worked around bugs as bets they could. Or they have yet to play, and I would suggest they don't bother until DLC patch 1, which might actually contain content, actual game content, and massive fixes to Ui and crafting and all the other utter ***** bits of the game that could easily be made much more intuitive and friendly. All they are doing currently is sifting through based upon the bugs that are biggest and sorting those.
Thats what the next patch will contain also, so don't expect too much extra playability from it, just less breakability.

Caporegime
Wtf, fired up Steam, downed a 5.3gb patch, installed that, then started to down another 11.3gb.

Nope, its not 11.3gb the next one, i stopped it while i went out, just set it away again, and its risen to 20.5gb now, i think its ****** :p

EDIT: Yep, something not right here, its now gone up to 22gb, its not going to fiinish downloading, as the download size keeps going up every so often, its now over 25gb! :D

Soldato
I really wish there was a way to change your character. I really don't like male V's voice acting.

Also it really annoys me how you have to answer dialogue straight away or the other character starts berating you. I was just in a conversation with Panam and it seeemed quite deep... She said something like "so are you going to help me? " and, when I didn't reply after not more than 3 seconds she's shouts "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM"
Why would you design it like this and why wouldn't you change it when you realise how ridiculous it is?!

Man of Honour
There were several you could rpg balk at.
Take down a non corrupt politicians
Help a corp screw over someone over
Help a corp get sex tapes on someone to blackmail them
That sort of stuff, even the rescue the guy who is being hunted by 6th street when he hires a house full of hookers and gets them all slaughtered, i felt like putting a bullet through his head myself

Quite a few of them have alternative outcomes i.e. one mission where you are delivering a vehicle there are 2 chances to discover what is actually going on and change direction of the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom