• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Don’t get snippy just because you’ve gone with the red team ;) RT really is glorious in games.

Hehe keep pretending as if the Red Team and RT doesn't exist... while not as good as Team Greed we still get RT with the 6000 series so I will still be able to experience it with the graphics turned down and fidelityfx turned on ;)

P.S DXR is the future of RT not RTX so Team Red RT will only age like fine wine.

Caporegime
Absoutely pointless since you already own a 6800 XT that already supports HDMI 2.1

Yes but I love to try new combinations of hardware and seems like the 3090/48" OLED is the top top combination atm due to capabilities and overall image quality (I love my 6800XT but am not blind to the competitions advantages in RT this time around) :)

Associate
Yes but I love to try new combinations of hardware and seems like the 3090/48" OLED is the top top combination atm due to capabilities and overall image quality (I love my 6800XT but am not blind to the competitions advantages in RT this time around) :)

6800XT also supports Raytracing :) If you want to blow your wad for things you don't need just to "try new combinations" then have at it.

But I think you'll find it to be a complete waste of money when the 6800XT is already good enough for 4k. Hell even the 6900XT is a better choice than a power hungry 3090...

Soldato
I like to try different hardware for the the passion so that when I come to spout crap on forums like this I have the actual experience to back it up instead of fanboi-ism like most on here :)
:D:D

I would have liked a 6800XT but ended up with a 3080, Not tried it out yet though. Hopefully get to it next week all going well.

Associate
Hehe keep pretending as if the Red Team and RT doesn't exist... while not as good as Team Greed we still get RT with the 6000 series so I will still be able to experience it with the graphics turned down and fidelityfx turned on ;)

P.S DXR is the future of RT not RTX so Team Red RT will only age like fine wine.
You might just convince me to try out that XT.

In all seriousness I think the RT is a big step up in CP2077 and I'm on my second playthrough. But I'm keen to see how much of an image quality difference I get with native 1440p and higher FPS vs Raytracing on. I mean... the card's just sitting there.

Associate
You might just convince me to try out that XT.

In all seriousness I think the RT is a big step up in CP2077 and I'm on my second playthrough. But I'm keen to see how much of an image quality difference I get with native 1440p and higher FPS vs Raytracing on. I mean... the card's just sitting there.

Shame CP2077 in it's current state isn't even worth playing and probably won't be for another year. Also making GPU purchasing decisions based on 1 game is not very smart IMO.

Associate
Shame CP2077 in it's current state isn't even worth playing and probably won't be for another year. Also making GPU purchasing decisions based on 1 game is not very smart IMO.
I strongly disagree regarding CP, I like the game.

It's also not just one game with RT there are several, however given its amongst the best for RT it will be interesting to assess IQ differences using 2077; doing so is not exactly 'not smart'.

Associate
I strongly disagree regarding CP, I like the game.

It's also not just one game with RT there are several, however given its amongst the best for RT it will be interesting to assess IQ differences using 2077; doing so is not exactly 'not smart'.

Did I say I disliked it? I simply said it's not worth buying yet... If you think it is then you either have no standards or are simply "woo'd" by it's shiny graphics and Keanu Reeves...

The game was not ready for release and in it's current state has worst game mechanics than 7 year old games.

Associate
Did I say I disliked it? I simply said it's not worth buying yet...
You said it's not worth playing, I said I disagree and that I like it. That's not cause for hauling me up like I misquoted you.

If you think it is then you either have no standards or are simply "woo'd" by it's shiny graphics and Keanu Reeves...
Not true.

Associate
CP2077 overhyped, unfinished, rushed for new consoles, is it even that good a game? Does it break the mold or set the new standard for open world games? I remember when games were actually finished when they were released and not needing patched to death

Associate
CP2077 overhyped, unfinished, rushed for new consoles, is it even that good a game? Does it break the mold or set the new standard for open world games? I remember when games were actually finished when they were released and not needing patched to death

Associate

It could be a good game if they finished it.

Graphics wise it's one of the best game worlds ever made.
Gameplay wise it's less advanced than Grand Theft Auto V... an 8 year old game.

Associate
It could be a good game if they finished it.

Graphics wise it's one of the best game worlds ever made.
Gameplay wise it's less advanced than Grand Theft Auto V... an 8 year old game.

That not very reassuring for a game that got hyped as much as it, could be the best looking game ever made but if gameplay is rubbish what's the point, I'm only asking cause I've never actually played it but what I've seen doesn't look good in it's current state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom