Do I need to return my brand new ram?

Associate
Hi All

Just received delivery of my brand new ram 'shown below'.. However I've noticed one module does not change colours the way it should along with the other 3 sticks.. It seems to hold a different colour in a couple of places even though the rest of the stick and all the others have changes seamlessly..

Is this a fault with the hardware or is this common and just have to live with it?

32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum RGB, PC4-25600 (3200), Non-ECC Unbuff, CAS 16, 1.35V, AMD Ryzen Optimised

Associate
I seem to remember reading about this problem (probably here) a little while back.

I think there was a firmware update procedure via a combination of the icue software and some swapping of the sticks in and out of the ram slots. I'll see if I can locate it and will post back here if I can find it.

Edit: I could be jumping the gun with what I wrote above and I'm wondering if it could be something more simple such as a conflict between icue (if you're using that) and your motherboards rgb software.

Have you tried using the icue software and running through some basic settings to see if that helps at all? There's a short guide on that here: https://youtu.be/doogzUZ7jq0

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Appreciate that.

Found a few links which suggest those things..

It looks to me like unfortunately as much as corsair staff try to assist with the troubleshooting of these peoples problems.. it's a bit of a mystery to them..

So far most who have had problems have either RMA'd the memory and had replacements which have then either already had the same issue.. or the issue returns with the new memory a week or two later..

Looks like most then opt for changing to a different memory type... Shame as I absolutely love the design of these.

Associate
OP
Forgive the potential obvious questions but, in iCue are you:

1) Telling iCue you’re running a 4 dimm setup
2) Check for firmware upgrade
3) Deleted all profiles and started again?

Yes I've done/checked all the above. My wife pointed out to me that the colour missing on that stick which is affecting everything is 'red'

Back
Top Bottom