PC for fortnite

Associate
I am trying to buy a gaming PC for my son to play fortnite on, he wants 200+FPS and I only have £1000 to spend. I am completely overwhelmed with the technical info so looking for some help please.

Associate
Well £1000 should just about cover the gpu then . Not a good time to be building a new pc. You could re mortgage though??

Seriously though. Covid has really sent shock waves into production and supply chains . Everything is in short supply and even when it is available it is extremely expensive.. Honestly it is probably better to wait a few months for things to settle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Set up discord alerts and camp the nvidia store everyday between 1-3pm and you might be able to snag a 3060ti for £369 which would be ideal for knocking up a PC for 1k.

Soldato
I am trying to buy a gaming PC for my son to play fortnite on, he wants 200+FPS and I only have £1000 to spend. I am completely overwhelmed with the technical info so looking for some help please.

The problem right now is Graphics Cards (GPUs) are incredibly scarce to find, as the new models have launched in the last 4-5 months. Even older models are non-existent stock everywhere you look, and if they are in stock they're stupidly over-priced. The same situation is happening with the new PS5 and Xbox models...

The pre-built PCs on OcUK aren't that great on particular parts imo. If you need it pre-built, my suggestion would be to post in OcUK's customer service forum here - give them something like the below custom part list... and ask what "build stock" GPUs they have available if any!?

At the same time ask how much they'd charge total to build this system up for you with the graphics card. Something like a NVIDIA 1660 Super, 2060 or AMD 5600 XT could be possible... (I noticed they have MSI 1660S in build stock on their configurator)

The below would be a great system (with a decent GPU added). Not sure why he wants "200 fps" sounds like he's heard his friends talk big numbers, it's not needed lol. A 1660 Super would give him 100+ avg fps (@ 1080p) which is more than enough. But if you can somehow manage one of the new models like a 3060 Ti then you'd be laughing for £370.

Edit: You would need to buy Windows 10 which can be had for £5-10 if you look online at auction sites etc.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £650.82 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The problem right now is Graphics Cards (GPUs) are incredibly scarce to find, as the new models have launched in the last 4-5 months. Even older models are non-existent stock everywhere you look, and if they are in stock they're stupidly over-priced. The same situation is happening with the new PS5 and Xbox models...

The pre-built PCs on OcUK aren't that great on particular parts imo. If you need it pre-built, my suggestion would be to post in OcUK's customer service forum here - give them something like the below custom part list... and ask what "build stock" GPUs they have available if any!?

At the same time ask how much they'd charge total to build this system up for you with the graphics card. Something like a NVIDIA 1660 Super, 2060 or AMD 5600 XT could be possible... (I noticed they have MSI 1660S in build stock on their configurator)

The below would be a great system (with a decent GPU added). Not sure why he wants "200 fps" sounds like he's heard his friends talk big numbers, it's not needed lol. A 1660 Super would give him 100+ avg fps (@ 1080p) which is more than enough. But if you can somehow manage one of the new models like a 3060 Ti then you'd be laughing for £370.

Edit: You would need to buy Windows 10 which can be had for £5-10 if you look online at auction sites etc.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £650.82 (includes shipping: £0.00)
Thank you so much that is really helpful.

Soldato
personally id get an ATX full size not a mini one

Me too, but trying to keep it in budget somewhat. That was the best/cheapest B550 mobo with wifi. ATX with wifi starts at £180-200 region. Was trying to free more budget up for GPU.

Thank you so much that is really helpful.

No worries, let us know if have anymore questions or need help.

Btw if he doesn't need wifi, then I'd recommend this ATX motherboard as it'll fill the case better:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...2-amd-am4-b550-atx-motherboard-mb-593-gi.html

Back
Top Bottom