*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I have absolutely no hype for this what so ever. Given the launch state of DICE Stockholm's games over the last decade or so most have had big issues on launch that the require a year (and an other studio, looking at you BF4) to fix or just never get fixed (BFV).

It should have been almost impossible to **** up the first pc Battlefield return to ww2 since 2002 but dice ****** it up massively, to an extent that was unbelievable. No russians no stalingrad, no market garden, no omaha, all the hallmarks of a ww2 game totally MIA.

To be fair to them, given what they were trying to go for with a the journey through WW2 from start to finish it could have worked very well. But like everything else with BFV DICE ****** it up.

Caporegime
It's likely gonna use the same or an updated version of the engine, have the same legacy bugs, probably have hacks out for it before the game is even out. Frostbite has always seemingly been an easy engine for people to create hacks for, i remember the bad company 2 beta had hackers in it after about a day, a guy on the hill with an mg just spamming fire from the hip and getting headshots all over the show.

So not sure what there is to look forward to in this, probably another unfinished beta release with no anticheat, no team balancing and no community server options (which they will of course deflect answering questions about til long after the launch with standard "we're looking into it" answers). It's not entirely the fault of dice as they're just dancing to the tune of the crack of the EA whip, but you would think that they could convince the beancounters to let them release it when the thing is done instead of the standard "release now finish later" mantra.

Man of Honour
Was one upon a time one of my favourite series of games but its a series which has been in a decline for a long time now. I'm expecting great visuals but little more. Best title in the series is still the first one, BF1942 and its been dropping off really ever since BF4.

Soldato
Bf1 was utter tripe and bfv was just an expansion on the tripe with added wokeness.

They really need to look at what they had with bf3 and bad company 2 (bf4 was also good) and build on that, if they reskinned bfbc2 it would be an instant buy.

Soldato
OP
BF games are still miles ahead of cod franchise imo.

That said the last bf5 was rubbish I agree.

Cod warzone wasn't bad to be honest but the base cod main game is garbage imo.

That series hasn't moved on from practically the original mw2....

Caporegime
The core conquest gameplay has also got incredibly stale. Its a mad dash from one flag to the next with nobody trying to defend flags. You basically end up playing ring around the roses hopping from flag to flag. And why is it it only takes a single soldier to start capping a flag anyway? Surely by this point that needs to be increased? It gets tedious as all **** searching for one bell piece that has managed to shoehorn himself into some random gap somewhere, and if you're in a vehicle and he's in a building you then have to try and get infantry in after him, or get out of your vehicle and risk the enemy taking it or one of your derpy team mates running away with it.

Dice just simply don't learn, every game is a reversion to it having the same issues at the start that take time to get patched out. If they put half as much effort into the game as that retarded chat filter then they might actually make a decent game every once in a while.

Bf1 was utter tripe.

BF1 imo was a nice change of pace from the modern day routine that was getting tedious at the time. Would have been a better game if it had the bfv weapons mechanics.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree. 64 players needs to change. Maybe even an option for 3 teams.

I want big battles planetside 2 style.

More mmo style but fps obviously.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hopefully they've recognised the strengths and weaknesses of the relevant studios and actually kept DICE on the graphics stuff and Criterion on the gameplay programming logic and design :s but I'm probably being too hopeful. I can't see the series being anything but dead to me now.

Associate
https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...ed-2021-delayed-ea-dice-criterion-codemasters

Having to put other devs on the project would suggest it's lagging behind schedule and not ahead of schedule as they said last month.
Uh oh . Here we go again.

After the mess of BFV , i wont be pre ordering at the very least and might avoid altogether. Have bought every title since 1942 and preorded since that became a thing, had buyers remorse after Bf1 but Bfv took it to new lows.

Completely abandoned with no anti cheat despite numerous promises to the contrary, unstable performance, no team balance , bugs ahoy like the unable to spawn freeze bug still there and the so called fix for it just the worst implemented fix ever..

Caporegime
Thankfully I never bought BF 5 and I held of on BF 1 for over a year till they got it some enjoyable/good. My days of pre-ordering are gone.

If only more of the "game changers/ronku whores" were like xfactor, he called out all the BS straight away and even before the game released unlike jack, level etc. who say whatever EA want them to say.... Always amuses me them though, they're so "hyped" and "loving" the game, then come to the end of their partnership deal, you start to see **** all videos of the game being uploaded and videos like "where battlefield xxx went wrong?", "battlefield xxx is dead to me", "battlefield xxx mistakes" etc., then come next game, rinse and repeat.....

Caporegime
bf5 was **** bf1 was so so like many here bf4 was a masterpiece. if you understand how bf games are made you will know when you will see things on the next one.

so easter we will see a " leak " trailer. small video.
summer at one of the bigger game conventions barring people are there more details and detailed gameplay. september most likely beta
october november game release. its always the same format.

i do really want battlefield back ! i was a big battlefield fan and hopefully they can make a great mp game again. player size is supposed to be a lot bigger than normal. from sources.

Back
Top Bottom