• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This is why you can't find stock

Soldato
The PC market is thriving according to NPD group, the final stats for 2020 are in.

Consumer PC hardware sales for 2020 is up 100% compared to 2018.

Consumer PC accessory sales is up 81%

Consumer PC digital game sales is up 20%

Soldato
The PC market is thriving according to NPD group, the final stats for 2020 are in.

Consumer PC hardware sales for 2020 is up 100% compared to 2018.

Consumer PC accessory sales is up 81%

Consumer PC digital game sales is up 20%
Can probably blame a lot of that on lockdown, people at home with nothing to do but still get paid. All that money you would have spent on holidays has gone onto hardware.

Soldato
I wonder if a lot of people will ditch the PCs once their freedom is returned?.

I think a lot of people have been lulled into thinking touchscreen Android and iDevices can "do it all". The sheer number of people at my work (educated/well paid) who wanted devices paid for them is unbelievable, considering everything is web service/RDS and requires a potato computer

Soldato
It's the kids too. All they watch is Youtube and they see the streamers gaming on PCs so they want one too. It's considered to be the "sweatiest" (coolest to you and me) way to play games. I've helped 3 sets of parents I know pick out a decent PC for the kids this Xmas.

Associate
It's the kids too. All they watch is Youtube and they see the streamers gaming on PCs so they want one too. It's considered to be the "sweatiest" (coolest to you and me) way to play games. I've helped 3 sets of parents I know pick out a decent PC for the kids this Xmas.

Lol - kids lingo, I've got a 10 year old who plays Fortnite who was harping on about their mates "sweaty skins", didn't have a clue what she meant at first.

Soldato
Lol - kids lingo, I've got a 10 year old who plays Fortnite who was harping on about their mates "sweaty skins", didn't have a clue what she meant at first.

My 8 year old is mad to become a streamer. It's insane, you can't crush a kid's dreams by telling them it's a 1/million type arrangement, so I've got her on a 15 minute a week schedule for family and friends on her chosen Minecraft stuff (local OBS recording). Learned a lot of lingo the kids use lately :p

Caporegime
you cant find cards because.....

Covid. people are unsure where to put money.
Bitcoin is at a all time high and nvidia cards and some amd cards are making a fortune a month.
low volume of cards.
retailers gouging because of low volume and bitcoin prices. also many retailers just getting stock in either keeping for themselves and mining bitcoin or selling on ebay for silly profit. cant blame em.

so while there is covid. low stock. bitcoin rising the whole gpu scene is screwed. price wise.

nothing to do with pc is more popular.

Man of Honour
you cant find cards because.....

Covid. people are unsure where to put money.
Bitcoin is at a all time high and nvidia cards and some amd cards are making a fortune a month.
low volume of cards.
retailers gouging because of low volume and bitcoin prices. also many retailers just getting stock in either keeping for themselves and mining bitcoin or selling on ebay for silly profit. cant blame em.

so while there is covid. low stock. bitcoin rising the whole gpu scene is screwed. price wise.

nothing to do with pc is more popular.

You can't mine bitcoin on graphics cards. You can mine some sort of scam coin like ethereum but you haven't been able to profitably mine bitcoin on a gpu for around 10 years.

Soldato
It always takes some people longer to catch on, who would have thought that locking the majority of the western world in their houses for a year would have increased the demand for things to do whilst stuck at home? ;)

Exactly and not just for entertainment but for work related matters too..

Also people complaining about stock are not looking in the right places as graphics cards are being dropped all the time, yes gouged prices but if you "NEED" one there really are no excuses and everyone was warned a good 6 months back this would happen with shortages to components and prices were going to go up.

Even yesterday I could have purchased 3090s,3080s,6800xt,6900xt, 3070s and 3060ti's at a uk retailer that had them for next day delivery.. really no excuses they are out there if you look and willing to pay the new prices that will not be coming down any time soon and I have a feeling will become the new norm price for these items for a good few years. So if you need an item and not willing to pay the prices asked now from retailers that comes down to you, so no reason to complain. Every thread is a complaining thread now about stock that is there if you are willing to look and pay the price if you really NEED it, if not use what you have, it's not like your item has stopped working because new items are out. If you have dead items and need a replacement they are there and sadly have to pay the silly prices now.

Also all stuck in quese since release of these graphics cards with their money held for almost 6 months now and still in a queue are really the only ones to blame themselves, there has been a lot of chances over the 6 months to buy these items when in stock and not be stuck in a queue and a company holding your money for half a year is just down right silly now. Again only people to blame are the people sat in this queue and not asked for their money back and purchasing elsewhere or when items are actually in stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh y 3070 on rainforest Website 1500£.
Fak dat

Amazon is nothing more than ebay and I could easily find a 3070 for over £2k too on both sites.. these are scalpers on there and not normal retailers. Visit retailer sites and prices are not this silly.. again shopping in wrong places, amazon is ebay mark 2 with their market place rubbish. So use same common sense you would on ebay or any of these sale sites.

Associate
Normal Retailers Out or stock. And no one taking preorders.
I can't camp my pc 247 for stock alerts that lasts 10 seconds . So I'm out or luck.

Back
Top Bottom