• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I think I've managed to place an order with Very. I had to choose it with an extra controller though, it wouldn't let me pick just the console. It just says order received, but not delivered until March 11th, so I'll just have to wait and see as I've never ordered from Very before.

Associate
Managed to get one through simply games registered interest months ago sent me a e mail saying they had stock only downside had to order it in a bundle but was happy to get one had to miss out on their first wave due to lack of funds but I could have bought one then too easily.

I like there system though seems like they do it by how long you have registered interest rather then first come serve Was a easy process I was lucky I think though cause I was a hour or 2 late buying it from seeing the e mail. Suggest others to give them a try if they miss out on this wave of stock

Soldato
Hey guys - thinking of picking up an SSD to use externally to store my old PS4 games on so the internal space can be reserved for the PS5 titles. (Looking forward to Demon's Souls and Spider-Man Remaster/Morales, and definately thinking of grabbing Fenyx Rising PS4 and getting the free PS5 upgrade!)

I have the option of grabbing a (used) Crucial BX500 1TB drive, which will come with 2 years of warranty, for £57, or I could get a brand new Crucial MX500 1TB with longer warranty, but this will likely set me back around £75.
Obviously, I'd rather keep the price down, which is lending me looking towards the BX drive, however I know the MX500 is a better drive, with a longer warranty, but its another £20+ I'd rather be spending on games to actually PUT on the damn SSD.

Both are good drives, but obviously its a good budget vs a good midrange drive; just not sure the MX500 is worth it given primarily this will be read only game storage, and I'll be warranted for 2 years anyway which will more than cover the time I'm likely to need it; whereas if it was going to be an intensely used drive, the MX500 with longer warranty would make more sense.

Thoughts?

Soldato
What a morning. I was up late with Argos and up at 8am for Very. Ended up falling asleep at about half 12.. sods law missed the restock.

For the last 45mins or so I was hammering the page and one came up. Have a ETA on delivery of 11th March.

Associate
Got my ps5 at 5pm, factory sealed so I am relaxed for the first time in days. Thanks for all the help earlier. Now to crash early for 15 hours and tomorrow is Christmas morning. LET'S GOOOOOO.

Associate
Thanks, it was a wild experience to say the least. I may write a blog post or article at some point covering the entire process from start to finish. It was beyond mind-numbing and one of the most frustrating things I have experienced, at least in terms of something as superficial as entertainment. From missing out at launch, getting wrecked by GAME's website crashing at checkout, spending days on the Youtube tracker to finally getting one through Amazon, it was certainly special. I hope you all manage to get one as well, it was no mean feat. My advice is to manually refresh the store pages whenever there is an expected drop rather than waiting for the tracker or alert; when Amazon dropped the tracker was six minutes behind! I managed to get mine due to simple luck, as I refreshed the Amazon ps5 page randomly for no good reason apart from frustration. The grey 'buying options' tab showed up suddenly, and after staring at 'currently unavailable' for so long I thought I was hallucinating at first. That, or it was just some scalper selling one for 900 quid but it was the real deal.

Soldato
Well the Very PS5 digital console didn't materialize (my F5 key wants the last 12 hours of its life back) so I'm giving up for now, will wait until stocks are plentiful in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom