• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow ..Zotac... Wonder if they offer 6 yr warranty if you purchase 100+ units

Soldato
ttaskmaster = loads of money but fing boring at parties :D
If only the former were true, I might actually get invited to the good parties and have a chance to disprove the latter. Sadly my superyacht just isn't big enough...

I get the fact you do not like gaming
You clearly haven't read enough of my posts...

Trying to explain that gaming is a waste of time and costs money etc etc is just your personal opinion but your logic above is a bit flawed in just one word.
Esports.
:D
Are you an Esports player, then?
Manager?
Advertising sponsor?
I'm guessing you're not, and instead are just another fan, which means you probably pay money for your ticket to go watch someone else playing games... which is basically people making money out of you.

You could also look at it another way gaming creates a whole industry where it allowed people to put food on the table. Developers, producers, etc all make money out of gaming and arguably more than mining would.
No, they make money out of marketing, computer programming and coding.
You, the player, are the one actually gaming.... and I bet you're not making much money from it! :p

Caporegime
I don't necessarily see mining as a waste of time/resources myself. It's just using power to validate transactions, and getting paid for it, nothing else. The question about if these transactions are useful at all, or not, is a complete different story.

Makes me wonder if, indeed, the cryptocurrencies can be adopted as the normal way of payment, as their followers claim... when you think about it, we just need to look at the ammount of trouble mining is causing at the moment, not only in terms of computing power, stock issues etc, but also on the ammount of energy used etc... and people is only buying to speculate now, they are not even being used to pay for anything, which was supossed to be their final purpose! what would happen if we, all, switch from FIAT to cryptocurencies? I don't think we could validate all our transactions, as simply as that. And if this isn't possible, and they can't be used as the main currency in the future, or will be superseded by other cryptocurrencies later on, why are "we" mining at all now?

For me, it is just especulating, and therefore, a waste. And I think manufacturers are to blame as well.
They aren't good at being currencies. In fact they're ridiculously poor at being currencies, for a variety of reasons that have variously been mentioned in this thread.

Transaction fees, transaction speed, security... a whole host of things they are very poor at (compared to traditional currencies and transfer mechanisms).

They are purely a vehicle for speculation and nothing more.

Soldato
If only the former were true, I might actually get invited to the good parties and have a chance to disprove the latter. Sadly my superyacht just isn't big enough...

You clearly haven't read enough of my posts...

Are you an Esports player, then?
Manager?
Advertising sponsor?
I'm guessing you're not, and instead are just another fan, which means you probably pay money for your ticket to go watch someone else playing games... which is basically people making money out of you.

No, they make money out of marketing, computer programming and coding.
You, the player, are the one actually gaming.... and I bet you're not making much money from it! :p

Esports consists of gamers playing games and winning tournaments which then makes them money. So they are making money out of gaming.
I dont watch Esports so you are wrong again.
I dont want to make money out of gaming so you are wrong again.

You presume a lot and say nothing. Now where is that ignore button. :p

Soldato
I wont be buying a Zotac again, thats for sure. I believe I need to make stand like I did with the beeb and the crappy tv license.

What's the stand based on? The fact that they're selling direct to miners? Or the fact that they're not trying to hide it like the majority of OEMs?

As with the MSI thing, this will be forgotten about within weeks.

Caporegime
What's the stand based on? The fact that they're selling direct to miners? Or the fact that they're not trying to hide it like the majority of OEMs?

As with the MSI thing, this will be forgotten about within weeks.

They're not trying to hide it yet they deleted the tweet?

Soldato
Esports consists of gamers playing games and winning tournaments which then makes them money. So they are making money out of gaming.
THEY are, yes.... but YOU, as a gamer, are not.

I dont watch Esports so you are wrong again.
Collective you. You as a representative of 'gaming' and the typical 'gamer'.

I dont want to make money out of gaming so you are wrong again.
Easy to say that when you can't anyway. But that also wasn't what I was asserting, so...

You presume a lot and say nothing. Now where is that ignore button. :p
Pot, kettle. Bye, then.

Soldato
They're not trying to hide it yet they deleted the tweet?

I didn't know they'd deleted it.

Point still stands though; are people taking a stand because Zotac sold cards to miners, or because they told people? If the former, then that'll rule out most (if not all) AIBs. And if the latter, then that's a bit silly really.

Soldato
I didn't know they'd deleted it.

Point still stands though; are people taking a stand because Zotac sold cards to miners, or because they told people? If the former, then that'll rule out most (if not all) AIBs. And if the latter, then that's a bit silly really.
I'm continuing my long-standing policy of not buying Zotac cards because they're crap, but people suggesting it's just about selling to miners are completely missing the point. We all know that every AIB is doing that. The others aren't ****ing stupid enough to rub people's faces in it by posting pictures of mining rigs on Twitter and tagging it with a bunch of gamer-focused hashtags though. Even if they'd just made a post about how miners are benefiting from their products and not tried to have their cake and eat it with all the "gaming" fluff around it, people wouldn't have been this upset. It just all smacks of a company that doesn't know their arse from their elbow, which to be fair I could have told people based on the quality of their products alone.

Soldato
Lets face it. If most people here saw a Zotac card at, or close to rrp, they'd still buy.
I don't like it the current situation, but it is what it is.

Easier way to deal with all of this, is to lower details, or look at different style games. The current demanding games will still be there in a few months.

Soldato
Are you sure about that? Streaming can make money, youtube videos of people playing games make money. And you don't need to be e-athlete to achieve that. Amateur online tournaments can earn you money
So YouTubing making money, not actually the gaming itself, then... Streaming is advertising and marketing, not actual gaming. Tournaments are borderline gambling and do not present a reliable income stream sufficient to produce a financial forecast for an investment portfolio. :p

At the moment can just see gamer posts as the use of the ignore button works wonders ! :)
Simply burying your head in the sand does not actually change anything.

Associate
Lets face it. If most people here saw a Zotac card at, or close to rrp, they'd still buy.
I don't like it the current situation, but it is what it is.

Easier way to deal with all of this, is to lower details, or look at different style games. The current demanding games will still be there in a few months.
You're right. I wonder when @Gibbo is going to release non-oc 3060 Tis.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So YouTubing making money, not actually the gaming itself, then... Streaming is advertising and marketing, not actual gaming. Tournaments are borderline gambling and do not present a reliable income stream sufficient to produce a financial forecast for an investment portfolio. :p

Simply burying your head in the sand does not actually change anything.

Why does everything have to make money?

What about those like me who don't care if my gaming time doesn't make money, that isn't why I game, I don't look at every activity I do and think, "I could be making money now instead of gaming" that thought never crosses my mind, because I don't care. As long as my job pays my bills and leaves me with a little to treat myself then I'm happy and have no desire to constantly look for ways to make more money, because to me gaming is a far better use of my free time as it is something I actually enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom