Series X Cold War Multiplayer FPS Dips with RT?

Associate
Hi, is anyone here playing cold war with Raytracing enabled? How does it run for you?
Mine is silky smooth (feels like 60fps) apart from when I am using sniper scopes, when I scope in and out it causes the game to visibly lag. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Soldato
I disabled ray tracing as it was mentioned as being one of the reasons for Lobby crashes. I'm trying to get diamond camo with the snipers and haven't had any lag, maybe it's specific to the scope you're using? I can try later to see if I can replicate it, what load out are you using?

Associate
OP
I disabled ray tracing as it was mentioned as being one of the reasons for Lobby crashes. I'm trying to get diamond camo with the snipers and haven't had any lag, maybe it's specific to the scope you're using? I can try later to see if I can replicate it, what load out are you using?
That would be great! :), I am using the Pellington with stock scope, it happens frequently on Nuke town. I have not had any crashes yet with RT, might have been patched?

Soldato
Funnily enough I just got Gold with the Pellington yesterday, slightly less frustrating than the Tundra but still very hard I thought. I used the stock scope for it too and it isn't lagging with RT off. I'll play tonight with it on and let you know.

Soldato
Hi, is anyone here playing cold war with Raytracing enabled? How does it run for you?
Mine is silky smooth (feels like 60fps) apart from when I am using sniper scopes, when I scope in and out it causes the game to visibly lag. Is this normal?

Thanks!

I'm playing at 1440p locked to 120fps with ray tracing on. It runs great and never drops frames in the main multiplayer. I've not experienced any of the lag you describe

However in Zombies the framerate can drop to 80fps when there are lots of enemies on screen

Soldato
I'm playing at 1440p locked to 120fps with ray tracing on. It runs great and never drops frames in the main multiplayer. I've not experienced any of the lag you describe

How are you getting ray tracing and 120fps? I thought it was one or the other? Its greyed out on mine when 1440p/120fps is selected.

Associate

However in Zombies the framerate can drop to 80fps when there are lots of enemies on screen

How are you getting ray tracing and 120fps? I thought it was one or the other? Its greyed out on mine when 1440p/120fps is selected.
It is greyed out for me also, on Xbox Series X. I'm assuming he's playing on PC, because he mentions his frames dropping to 80, IE he would need the likes of MSI Afterburner to monitor them.

Back
Top Bottom