Poll: DAB+ is the future? Digital terrestrial radio broadcasting

Which method do you prefer when listening to radio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I can't help but think that any normal/sane person would have got the message by now that we really don't care and have given up.

4K> Are you being paid to continue to sing about DAB, or are you getting some perverse pleasure out of continuing one of the most pointless threads ever?

Permabanned
OP
I can't help but think that any normal/sane person would have got the message by now that we really don't care and have given up.

4K> Are you being paid to continue to sing about DAB, or are you getting some perverse pleasure out of continuing one of the most pointless threads ever?

This is the hot topic these days across Europe and I don't see why not.

I’d rather listen to static........

Is this the reason for not switching FM completely off once and for all?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
No, I am not.

The reason is because FM is so crap that it needs a replacement and as soon as possible.

You could simply re-write that as “I’ve never made the effort to listen to a decent FM radio”.

If you’d taken a little more effort to go listen to a decent tuner, as against wasting time here, you’d get a better idea of just how far adrift from reality your comments are.

Permabanned
OP
You could simply re-write that as “I’ve never made the effort to listen to a decent FM radio”.

If you’d taken a little more effort to go listen to a decent tuner, as against wasting time here, you’d get a better idea of just how far adrift from reality your comments are.

There is no such thing "decent" FM radio.
Some others here spoke about quality complaining but what about FM quality? I had listened it for many many years and it's all very low quality sound. Of course, not any more. FM is dead.
With narrow frequency response range, poor signal, lack of RDS or when it is present the only information is the name of the station.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Owners of tuners like Naim Nat and Sequerra units might well have something to say on that.

Again, you’re making a massive assumption based on absolutely NO experience. Hardly a good way to improve your (highly dubious at best) credibility.

Soldato
Some others here spoke about quality complaining but what about FM quality? I had listened it for many many years and it's all very low quality sound. Of course, not any more. FM is dead.
With narrow frequency response range, poor signal, lack of RDS or when it is present the only information is the name of the station.
List the equipment and aerial used, as so far you have confirmed yourself to be completely ignorant of FM and it’s place in HiFi system and what it can achieve and has done for decades.

Soldato

I fixed it for you

There is no such thing as a decent post by the OP in this thread. Some others here spoke about the quality of the ops posts but the op is constantly complaining that Europe is better? I am not really listening to him as his posts are all very low quality. Of course, we wish he would just stop.
With narrow minded response range, poor understanding and lack of common sense or when it is present the only information posted is non relevant.

Soldato

coming from a 20 year old that owns a £300 midi system. YOU HAVE ZERO HIFI CREDENTIALS :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
I fixed it for you

I am not really listening to him as his posts are all very low quality. Of course, we wish he would just stop.
With narrow minded response range, poor understanding and lack of common sense or when it is present the only information posted is non relevant.

I’m assuming the mods are keeping this open for its comical value. As the OP is a clueless *beep* :eek::D

Man of Honour

Maybe German FM is rubbish? British FM can be very good. This explains why we have been so reluctant to give it up. Did you ever think about that?

You keep banging on about the limited frequency range of FM. Why? It is not the big problem you make it out to be. I'll come back to this later.

RDS for FM and the data for DAB/DAB+ are not the main reasons why we won't give up FM without a fight. It's sound quality. If you had a better stereo system and heard what British DAB and DAB+ is like then you would understand this. In fact, even with your modest system, you would be shocked to hear just how bad UK BAB and DAB+ broadcasts really are.

Coming back to your frequency range point, I quickly threw together a graphic to illustrate why the extra range from DAB/DAB+ isn't really that important. The main points are:

For high frequencies:
- the average car audio system lacks the treble extension to play above 15kHz
- age-related hearing deterioration means that only a very small section of the adult population can hear all the way up to 20kHz

For the sub-30Hz cut-off:
- there aren't many musical instruments that play below 40Hz, so cutting off at 30Hz doesn't matter that much
- it's very expensive to buy speakers that play the lowest 10Hz cleanly, though I will say it's easier with headphones and subs, but they bring their own problems

gqLfeJ.jpg

A side issue is that you're trying to lecture a bunch of (predominantly British) Hi-Fi enthusiasts about audio quality when your reference point is a stereo system where the manufacturer doesn't even bother to list the full specifications for the speakers. You're not making any friends here.

If anything, you're turning us off DAB/DAB+ rather than winning us over. You are hurting your cause. Just stop.

Stop posting. Stop arguing - you're really not very good at it, but that's besides the point - just let it drop now.

Permabanned
OP
So, you are proving the point that FM is rubbish:

The discussions about my own system are totally irrelevant - the consumers are free to choose whatever they like.
I find mine extremely good and even on it, even if the speakers are not so wide, DAB+ sound way better than FM.

I am very sure that German DAB+ is superior to British FM :D :D

Soldato
You can't claim anything. You don't have s music system remotely good enough to judge / give an opinion. All you are doing is spouting news stories.

While this site isn't a dedicated audio environment, plenty of members have systems that quite frankly make yours look like a £10 walkie talkie ( that's if you're even old even to know what that is).

You don't know what good audio is.

Man of Honour
So, you are proving the point that FM is rubbish:

The discussions about my own system are totally irrelevant - the consumers are free to choose whatever they like.
I find mine extremely good and even on it, even if the speakers are not so wide, DAB+ sound way better than FM.

I am very sure that German DAB+ is superior to British FM :D :D

Oh dear God, you're retarded.

Permabanned
OP
You are trolls but not because you have a weird and different opinion but because you bring personal attacks irrelevant for the discussion in this topic.
So, if you claim that there are better systems than my Panasonic, then fine, bring some reviews and comparisons using them.

There will be many tears from you once very soon FM gets switched off, people forget it as bad memory from the stone age times and we will move finally forward to better things.

Soldato
Your topic was and has been completely destroyed by ...

a) Nobody wants to know about European DAB ( this is the uk )
b) UK DAB is rubbish ( and that’s a fact )
c) Your “hifi” system is a complete pile of rubbish

Even in your own price bracket it’s well know the Denon DM41 dab is the best player in its class. But I wouldn’t use that for dab if you paid me to.

Back
Top Bottom