How would you fit this light?

Associate
Did you read the install guide on that same page?

If it's anything like the 2 LED Battens I got from Screwfix, piece of pish to install. Took longer to find the tools in my previously dark garage.

Just turn the power off before you go unscrewing existing wiring.

Soldato
OP
Did you read the install guide on that same page?

If it's anything like the 2 LED Battens I got from Screwfix, piece of pish to install. Took longer to find the tools in my previously dark garage.

Just turn the power off before you go unscrewing existing wiring.

There no existing wiring.

Associate
Well that's going to take more effort than fitting the light. Are you running a new light circuit or extending an existing one?

What's the existing wiring like? What's the access like? Can you work easily at that height in safety?

Soldato
It's not ideal. But it comes with a 1.5 meter cable attached. You could always stick a plug on the end.

As far as wiring it on so you have a normal light switch. Then that's not a job you could do with no prior knowledge. There's a lot of issues you could cause if you start making changes to your house wiring.

Soldato
OP
It's not ideal. But it comes with a 1.5 meter cable attached. You could always stick a plug on the end.

As far as wiring it on so you have a normal light switch. Then that's not a job you could do with no prior knowledge. There's a lot of issues you could cause if you start making changes to your house wiring.

So it's not just plug and play. I thought you could run a cable through the roof and plug it into an existing socket.

Back
Top Bottom