• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card prices?

Associate
Can anyone confirm what the current going rate for the various graphics cards are? I have periodically gotten lucky and managed to get a graphics card into the basket, however I am not sure if the price I am paying would be fair (relatively fair given the circumstances).

I did manage to get a 3060 into basket earlier however it was priced at £1400 with a waterblock attached to it already, so this wasnt much use, but the price was definitely something to gawk at!

Permabanned
£1400 for a mid range GPU and a water block!!!!!! What the actual ****???

I paid £849.99 for an Aorus 3080 in December and £1649.99 for a bloody 3090 last month! The world has quite literally gone mad.

Permabanned
Best not bothering for a while..

Pretty much all you need to take away from this thread. Unless you can find somewhere that's still managing to honour the original RRP prices from last year you should wait. There are places out there believe it or not but I don't think you need us to tell you not to buy a 3060 for nearly a grand and a half! The fact it's not even a Ti version is even more ridiculous and backs that up even more.

Associate
Trying to get a graphic card for rrp/msrp is a non starter now, even retailers have jumped on to the jackup the price bandwagon we can sell them for what ever we want now and if the punters keep paying why not. I see a lot of threads on forums about the shortage of graphic cards but if you are prepared to pay what sellers want for example on auction sites there is no shortage.

Associate
I wouldnt buy from an auction site. Pay well over a thousand quid and no guarantee. NO WAY

exactly DD Crash the ThePunisher will just have to keep checking with retailers and when they get stock pay the Toll or better still if he can just forget about graphic cards for now and come back in the autumn to see if things have got any better.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm what the current going rate for the various graphics cards are? I have periodically gotten lucky and managed to get a graphics card into the basket, however I am not sure if the price I am paying would be fair (relatively fair given the circumstances).

I did manage to get a 3060 into basket earlier however it was priced at £1400 with a waterblock attached to it already, so this wasnt much use, but the price was definitely something to gawk at!

There is a 3060 without waterblock on an auction site for £449.00 so I hope that`s given you an idea of how outrageous £1400 is.

By the way, I want a 3060 myself but £449.00 is still way too expensive. The MSRP is £299 which is still expensive because the 2060 was selling for that 12 months ago.

Associate
I paid £1399 for a 3090FE back in Jan and £1200 for an AIB 6900xt this week.

If you have some patience, these cards can be had for decent money, probably a little easier than the lower models.

Associate
I'll sell you my old HD 4850 for half that. It might be a 4870, I can't remember. Same price regardless. That's at least 1790 better for half the price!

Associate

The going rate is whatever people are prepared to pay the scalpers, the longer people continue to pay those prices the longer scalpers will charge them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the shortage doesn't continue all this year and at some point if you haven't already got a card it will be worth waiting until next year to get a nvidia 4000 series or AMD 7000 series, especially as the 7000 series is supposed to be another big jump

Associate
guys have you noticed 3080 prices at 1300 quid, this is on legit etailers

same thing was 400 cheaper

GPU prices going up like crypto

its beaten Turing prices

Associate
When you look at Gibbo`s postings on the Thread link below and tally up the cards supplied already and whats incoming you no this is a more of a manufacturing problem not just a supply and demand issue and not just Nvidia you also have AMD with same problems. This is really a Graphic card Generation to give a miss if you can unless you have deep pockets.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/page-8

Back
Top Bottom