• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Caporegime
You musnt forget we are a bunch of "extremists" who look for monitors with sub 5ms response time. Whereas 95% of the world is happy gaming on "any old TV" with often response times of >50ms.
cloud gaming IS the future whether we like it or not. It will happen in the next decade for certain. And as more people drift over to it the more that will make consumer hardware obsolete and not worth making.

Hell most gamers havent even heard of latency less care a damn about it to the levels we are talking about.

a £10 a month subscription is a much better business model in 2021 than a £600+ console or PC.
Most of the UK has totally shocking internet, tho. It's not going to be viable here for a heck of a long time.

Almost nobody thinks BoJo is going to fibre up the country in the next 10 years (or his successors).

must be why google stadia did so well and didn't absolutely crater within six months.
:D

Soldato
Hi chaps. Has anyone managed to run their Ryzen 5600X /5800x memory controller at 1:1 with DDR4 RAM clocked at 4000mhz?

If so, did you use 2 RAM DIMMs or 4?

I'm thinking of getting a Ryzen 5000 series soon, as I'm put off by Rocket Lake's average 3200Mhz RAM support (Especially with DDR5 support coming next year).

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi chaps. Has anyone managed to run their Ryzen 5600X /5800x memory controller at 1:1 with DDR4 RAM clocked at 4000mhz?

If so, did you use 2 RAM DIMMs or 4?

I'm thinking of getting a Ryzen 5000 series soon, as I'm put off by Rocket Lake's average 3200Mhz RAM support (Especially with DDR5 support coming next year).

Its pretty much impossible to get 4000/2000 1/1 ratio until more optimized agesa updates come out.
not without getting Whea errors and black screens/freezing/reboots/audio crackling/poping issues....

5950x/z570 godlike board 4x bdie tpower 18c memory @4000/2000if/ 1/1 and i can run this and have no issues but i get audio/crackling/poping issue and meny whea errors.
max i can get without issues audio or whea errors is running 1/1 ratio @ 3866 speeds and infinity fabric @ 1933 its almost 4000/2000 and i dont see the difference so i currently run that and most people will probably be able to get that...

Soldato
Yeah, that's pretty close. I guess you could try with just 2 DIMMs if you are feeling curious, I've heard it can help to reduce the strain on the memory controller.

Caporegime
I agreed with you. And then the news just came out that Ofcom has agreed to prevent price caps for deployers (eg Openreach) for 10 years, and so suddenly Fibre rollout is able to go mental...!
From what I can tell, the Ofcom ruling lumps FTTC and FTTP together under the label "new fibre services".

Because what I've read is that BT can't increase prices "on its copper network" by more than the rate of inflation. However it is already known that FTTC prices are going up by >5% every year from now on. So FTTC obviously isn't considered to be a service "on the copper network", quite bizarrely.

Very sadly therefore, when Ofcom talks about "new fibre services" they must also be including FTTC.

So I still would be more than willing to bet that we won't have "proper" fibre in this country at ~90% coverage for the next 30 years or so. The usual "not economically viable" lines will get rolled out for vast swathes of the UK.

E.g. in my area BT have "no plans" to upgrade any exchange that is already FTTC enabled.

Associate
Also sick of waiting been 6 months+ was gonna buy the 5800x today then decided not to! might just wait till the new DDR5 based CPU's come out, currently on the I7 6700K :(

Associate
What system are you running in the meantime?
8700 non-K, z490 asus prime P(yeah yeah, I know), NH-D15, 32gb vengeance RGB pro, 1tb Samsung 970 evo and a 2080super i managed to snag last January before the excrement started hitting the fan with covid and mining.

it's a pretty good system but starting to show its age now, will be transplanting the old cpu and motherboard to a "new" HTPC using my old case, corsair psu and gtx 1060 6GB for the big telly.

Last edited:
Associate
Also sick of waiting been 6 months+ was gonna buy the 5800x today then decided not to! might just wait till the new DDR5 based CPU's come out, currently on the I7 6700K :(
just did the opposite, got the 5800x and Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER, a little overkill for my needs right now, but should see me for a good few years now.

Associate
just did the opposite, got the 5800x and Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER, a little overkill for my needs right now, but should see me for a good few years now.

Funny you should say that I had both he 5800x and Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ready to buy, was just about to click, but something was telling me not to get it,
as I heard about the overheating issue, and I'll have to undervolt to keep it good! and at a good price £661 for both
so decided to wait! I have the 3080fe so struggling a bit! with the current CPU, got the ram ready to go.

Which I bought 2 sets Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4B 3600 MHz 16GB (8GB x2) 16-18-18-38, so it'll be 8gbx4 32gb single rank I think its REV.E
just have to play the waiting game and end up buying AM4 at this rate and wasted my money on ram. lol (getting nowhere near 99% more like 50%ish GPU usage, CPU is stopping that)

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Funny you should say that I had both he 5800x and Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ready to buy, was just about to click, but something was telling me not to get it,
as I heard about the overheating issue, and I'll have to undervolt to keep it good! and at a good price £661 for both
so decided to wait! I have the 3080fe so struggling a bit! with the current CPU, got the ram ready to go.

Which I bought 2 sets Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4B 3600 MHz 16GB (8GB x2) 16-18-18-38, so it'll be 8gbx4 32gb single rank I think its REV.E
just have to play the waiting game and end up buying AM4 at this rate and wasted my money on ram. lol (getting nowhere near 99% more like 50%ish GPU usage, CPU is stopping that)

Reselling that RAM should not be a challenge!

Associate

it's always a drag buying memory when it's an immediate new standard. you pay out the nose for it and performance is rarely better until software matures.

Soldato
I've bagged a 5950x. There are still some around but you may have to buy a bundle......B550 Strix motherboard will be getting sold next week.
Seems odd the place says out of stock for the CPU. Which is priced at more than a bundle with MB......Crazy times

Caporegime
Just ordered a 5600x for £226.

Not sure if the order will be honoured tho :p Seems like a mis-price. I don't think it's necessarily a "bargain", more like the price the thing should be.

Back
Top Bottom