Are staff still getting free lunch?

Associate
Something I sadly noticed just now is that on the website it states staff are getting free lunch as part of the covid-19 protective measures.

I am not a member of staff for the company, but curious to hear from anyone who is, as I think this is amazing and just a nice gesture to those who would normally bring their own food in, or just cannot afford to buy something they want normally to eat/drink.
Also for those who usually eat the food their work makes, I hope its good!:)

Man of Honour
We had a catering budget for the first lockdown and/or people working from home getting preloaded amount on Ubereats or whatever service it was (didn't use it myself) where I work - but sadly not been reinstated since. Dunno why but it is something that always brightens up my day.

Soldato
I am not a member of staff for the company, but curious to hear from anyone who is, as I think this is amazing and just a nice gesture to those who would normally bring their own food in, or just cannot afford to buy something they want normally to eat/drink.
If you're coming into work during Covid, that means you're not furloughed or anything, so are on full pay and can afford to buy your own lunch just like you always have.
If you cannot afford lunch, to the point where a free one makes any difference, you're clearly in the wrong job to begin with.

We used to do things like that, with weekly fruit baskets, free lunches, team building events and all that... Then the new CEO decided it was a waste of shareholder investments and customers' bill money, and stopped all of it. The staff were mightily ******, but we suddenly had a load of extra cash available for all the infrastructure investments we'd previously bleated to the regulator were unaffordable.

Soldato
If you're coming into work during Covid, that means you're not furloughed or anything, so are on full pay and can afford to buy your own lunch just like you always have.
If you cannot afford lunch, to the point where a free one makes any difference, you're clearly in the wrong job to begin with.

Surely the company supplying lunch is more to do with limiting contact the employees have with the outside world, to lessen the likelihood of picking up the virus, rather than as a financial incentive.

Soldato
Surely the company supplying lunch is more to do with limiting contact the employees have with the outside world, to lessen the likelihood of picking up the virus, rather than as a financial incentive.

This or OcUK having to make any kitchen/canteen with food reheating facilities unavailable to limit people reusing cutlery/crockery, microwaves etc. etc.

And then on top it is also just a nice thing to do :)

Soldato
It's @Maccy whose main job is to make the sausage rolls from scratch. Saves the company a bundle in catering expenses.

Pfff please, I don't even know what a kitchen is I'm too far up the food chain.

Unless there's a loop hole and they've put everyone on furlough so Maccy and the big wigs can just have champagne and caviar every day for lunch with all the money they're saving on wages?

Soldato
They're already in contact from having to buy their own breakfasts and dinners. Supplying lunch from another source merely adds one more point of contact! :p

Back
Top Bottom