• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Managed to get the 5950x but its going back, getting whea_uncontrollabe_errors at defauls settings, on login screen, or sometimes I can get past login screen, and then at idle crashes, I eventually found a work around, did manage to fix it with all core settings, and with pbo, but took many days/hrs to work out how to fix it, I shouldn't have to do that, but I think one or more cores/silicon are bad/low quality and doesn't like PBO boost spikes etc., prob should have went Intel! (RMA'ing the CPU today and I think I'll be waiting a while till I get a new/replacement one! :()

What was the issue?

Associate
Managed to get the 5950x but its going back, getting whea_uncontrollabe_errors at defauls settings, on login screen, or sometimes I can get past login screen, and then at idle crashes, I eventually found a work around, did manage to fix it with all core settings, and with pbo, but took many days/hrs to work out how to fix it, I shouldn't have to do that, but I think one or more cores/silicon are bad/low quality and doesn't like PBO boost spikes etc., prob should have went Intel! (RMA'ing the CPU today and I think I'll be waiting a while till I get a new/replacement one! :()

I had a 5900X with WHEA errors (and crashing at idle) and had to RMA it. I swapped it out for a 5800X with no other changes (same bios etc) and that worked flawlessly. Now running a 5950X and again no issues. Definitely recommend RMA for WHEA errors, I think on my chip it just wasn't pulling enough voltage at idle when stock.

If you RMA to AMD directly you should be able to get a replacement quickly.

Associate
RMA'ed it today so should be a few days until I get it back hopefully this week or early next, but they have to test it 1st! and stock will dictate this! (definitely not RAM issue tested it with 2 different kits and lot of people having the same issue you can search for it)

I think the issue is bad silicon/cores, like some of the cores need more power than default settings, for PBO only or they just crash the system, i.e. whea errors, but I should not have to do that, and its not a simple process to work it out, it can take many days! to get 100% stable with PBO, especially if your new to how AMD zen 3 works, I came from a Intel system(6700k etc!) and it's s a lot simpler than this! and something I was more familiar with, this is very different! took a lot of searching reading, then I worked out what cores were failing! and what to do! but its not worth for me as I am couldn't justify a £750 doing this, just RMA it back!

Last edited:
Associate
To confirm something. Some vendors may give you the impression that a Farcry 6 game code will be provided along with your shiny new Ryzen CPU. AMD confirmed directly to me today that this code is definitely no longer redeemable. No matter when your CPU was ordered. "Don't believe the Hype"! (remember them?)

I did get a code when my 5900x was shipped last week. Confirmed yesterday from AMD that the code is no longer valid. AMD should honour the code it's their fault they couldn't supply the damn CPU why we all suffer! This will just push people to pirate the game because they feel they have already 'paid for it.

Associate
Placed a 5900X in a basket for this ridicolous £699 and went to pay for it and guess what ? The price has changed to £749. I think you've lost a customer there OCuk.

Associate
Noticed there were 10+ of both 5900x and 5950x in a few mins ago, at £699 and £930 - and now all gone. :eek:

Demand and prices are certainly rather crazy at the moment.

Looks like I'll be using my 3700x for a while yet...

Associate
Took the bullet and also ordered myself one off of ebay from the US. Cost me about £550 inc shipping. Which (I might be wrong but) imo isn't that bad considering how much theyre going for. I am now dreading the import taxes cause I something tells me they'll be atleast £100+:(. Does anyone here know?

Now just gonna patiently wait for my 3080 while the rest of my parts are still in their boxes catching dust :).

thought I’d give an update on this - it arrived a lot sooner than I expected. Came yesterday. I was under the impression that I’d first receive a VAT bill or anything of that sort, and then they’d release the package to me. But nope. Just arrived as is yesterday. Now just fingers crossed they’re not planning on sending me a bill after delivery (if that is a thing?). Otherwise happy days for me I guess. £550:- inc postage during March. Sounds like a dream tbh.

Associate
thought I’d give an update on this - it arrived a lot sooner than I expected. Came yesterday. I was under the impression that I’d first receive a VAT bill or anything of that sort, and then they’d release the package to me. But nope. Just arrived as is yesterday. Now just fingers crossed they’re not planning on sending me a bill after delivery (if that is a thing?). Otherwise happy days for me I guess. £550:- inc postage during March. Sounds like a dream tbh.
Ah yes, but now you'll have to put up with everything on your screen using Americsn spelling. And American accents in games. And 5 times as many adverts, for American fast food, when watching Youtube.

;)

Associate
Placed a 5900X in a basket for this ridicolous £699 and went to pay for it and guess what ? The price has changed to £749. I think you've lost a customer there OCuk.

Sad isn't it. All the extra money they are making off customers now how many customers are they going to lose. I know I've spent over £2k with other vendors since their GPU launch. I can't be the only one.

Back
Top Bottom