Prince Philip has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
RIP, he had a good innings and would have seen and experienced so much in his time. Quite fascinating. I’m sure he had his flaws, maybe more than others but we all do as humans.

Associate
He struck me as a complex mix bag; some good some bad, as are most people

You have to respect his service in WW2, and the DoE scheme has made positive changes to young people I know and has done for many years to name some of the positive impacts he has had. He, and his family can and should be proud of these aspects of the man, and perhaps our country should be grateful for them too.

That said, there's little doubt, from his words, that he held some pretty unpleasant and outdated views which I'm pleased to say, seem to be dying off as that generation passes. I won't miss his misogyny, xenophobia or racism. Regardless of why he thought that way, or what made him that way, our world is ,in my opinion, a better place without those aspects of the man. I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge that a recently deceased person was flawed and to feel some relief at the passing of those flaws, which is quite different from being relieved of happy at the passing of the person.

DMX (the rapper) also died today, but will obviously be overshadowed by the death of the royal.

It reminds me of the day Michael Jackson died because we also lost Farrah Fawcett that day too. Ofc MJ overshadowed that too which I find a bit sad even though MJ was a great musician and dancer, the same with DMX despite his run-ins with the law.

RIP all.

K-2

K-2

Associate
You have to laugh at some of the bleeding hearts in this thread. Particularly when you consider the fact that given the Duke's philandering past and general odious nature, even The Queen herself is unlikely to be to overly upset about this. She may have referred to him in public as her "rock" but in reality, he was far from a loving and faithful husband.

Soldato
You have to laugh at some of the bleeding hearts in this thread. Particularly when you consider the fact that given the Duke's philandering past and general odious nature, even The Queen herself is unlikely to be to overly upset about this. She may have referred to him in public as her "rock" but in reality, he was far from a loving and faithful husband.

Can I have some of what you're smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom