**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with Poco X3 volume control. If I'm casting something I cant then adjust the volume control of the apps that are on screen and yet the casting bar isn't showing in the notification window. I can't seem to control anything individually. Tried to use app volume control pro but it wouldn't even start.

Associate
Hello all,

Wanting an upgrade for my older Rednote 5 Pro, I also have a Poco F2 Pro so I don't mind similar size and weight to that etc

So far been looking at Mi 10 Lite and Redmi Note 10 Pro...

Any other recommendations in the £250-£300 range? cheers ;)

Caporegime
Another Poco f2 pro user and apart from higher refresh rate screens which I personally don't see the need for even though both my laptop and desktop have 240hz screens I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade for a long time.

I dare say thanks to the pop up camera this screen just feels perfect because of no notches or bezels.

I just convinced the father in law to get a Poco X3 and I reckon these guys will be now the go to in future.

I usually upgrade every 6-9 months as I get bored bit this is the first time I'm thinking of sticking for a few years.

Soldato
My wife dropped and smashed her pixel 3A recently. Still had 10 months to go in her contract so decided to pick her up something cheap.

Went for a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T for £138.

Must say, for the low price, it's a cracking phone. Well built, 1080p screen (others I was looking at had 720p), Stereo speakers, 5G and a SOC that provides performance well beyond it's price tag.

I was concerned about MIUI but once you remove the pre-installed apps, its perfectly fine.

Wife is a bit of a technophobe, so was concerned about moving from pure Android usage to MIUI. No complaints so far from her.

Soldato
My wife dropped and smashed her pixel 3A recently. Still had 10 months to go in her contract so decided to pick her up something cheap.

Went for a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T for £138.

Must say, for the low price, it's a cracking phone. Well built, 1080p screen (others I was looking at had 720p), Stereo speakers, 5G and a SOC that provides performance well beyond it's price tag.

I was concerned about MIUI but once you remove the pre-installed apps, its perfectly fine.

Wife is a bit of a technophobe, so was concerned about moving from pure Android usage to MIUI. No complaints so far from her.

The adb method really makes it easy to remove bloat apps. Samsung needs the same method.

Soldato
Is there a site you used that shows you how to do this and which apps are ok to remove?

I grabbed this off a site a while back

I had to do a fair amount of research to what was safe for removal as there didn’t seem to be a consolidated list – so here is the list of apps I remove on my/friends/family devices.
The ones without replacement apps are mostly junk/adware/analytics etc - best removed to save battery!

Analytics
com.miui.analytics

Backup
com.miui.backup

Calculator (I use Google Calculator)
com.miui.calculator

Cleaner (SD maid is the only recommended cleaner app in the Android community)
com.miui.cleanmaster

DiagLogger
com.huaqin.diaglogger

Facebook
com.facebook.appmanager

Facebook
com.facebook.services

Facebook
com.facebook.system

Feedback
com.miui.bugreport

Freeform
com.miui.freeform

Frequent phrases
com.miui.phrase

Games
com.xiaomi.glgm

GetApps
com.xiaomi.mipicks

Google Duo
com.google.android.apps.tachyon

Google One
com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red

Google Play Movies
com.google.android.video

HybridAccessory
com.miui.hybrid.accessory

Joyose
com.xiaomi.joyose

MSA (this one stands for "MIUI System Ads"!)
com.miui.msa.global

Market Feedback Agent
com.google.android.feedback

Mi Browser (I use Chrome/Firefox)
com.mi.globalbrowser

Mi Cloud
com.miui.cloudbackup

Mi Cloud
com.miui.cloudservice

Mi Cloud
com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase

Mi Cloud
com.miui.micloudsync

Mi Credit
com.xiaomi.payment

Mi Drop
com.xiaomi.midrop

Mi File Manager (I use Files by Google)
com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer

Mi Health
com.mi.health

Mi Pay (I use Google Pay)
com.mipay.wallet.in

Mi Share
com.miui.mishare.connectivity

Mi Video (I use VLC)
com.miui.videoplayer

MiConnectService
com.xiaomi.mi_connect_service

MiPlayClient
com.xiaomi.miplay_client

Mobile Device Information Provider
com.amazon.appmanager

Music (I use PowerAmp)
com.miui.player

Notes (I use Google Keep)
com.miui.notes

PartnerBookmarks
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks

PartnerNetflixActivation
com.netflix.partner.activation

Quick Apps
com.miui.hybrid

Scanner (I use Google Lens)
com.xiaomi.scanner

Services & feedback
com.miui.miservice

SoterService
com.tencent.soter.soterserver

WMService
com.miui.wmsvc

Weather (I use Today Weather)
com.miui.weather2
note: removing this one will stop the stock widgets from showing weather info

Yellow Pages
com.miui.yellowpage

YouTube, and YouTube music if you don't subscribe also (replaced with YouTube Vanced for AdFree+ Background playback)
com.google.android.youtube
com.google.android.apps.youtube.music

Removal tool (requires JAVA to be installed)
github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

Soldato
Actually, the one annoying thing with the Redmi Note 9T is the auto brightness in low level light. It dims the screen to the lowest level and you end up having to adjust it with the manual slider.

Other that turning auto brightness off and setting it to a permanent level, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Associate
You know when you regret asking a question :p

Did you buy direct? I assume you bought the blue or white model as they currently only have the black in stock.

Yes it was bought from Xiaomi UK a white 256gb model.Nightmare dealing with them they just try and stall but they have no stock.
Tried to get me to take a black one but stuck to my guns and getting a refund.

Man of Honour
Yes it was bought from Xiaomi UK a white 256gb model.Nightmare dealing with them they just try and stall but they have no stock.
Tried to get me to take a black one but stuck to my guns and getting a refund.
My phone arrived today from Amazon, I chose the black one but it's more like a gun metal silver, looks really nice :cool:

This thing is a real beast, up there with the OnePlus 8 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra I've just sent back and costs a lot less (£299), so far I'm really happy with it, oh and the battery is immensely better!

Back
Top Bottom