Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
I thought the performance pack was the LSD, launch control and shift lights? So if it has them it has the PP, that said, currently on the Ford site the PP is standard on the ST3.

That is what I understand. Launch control only comes with the performance pack, and the performance pack is now standard not an option.

I aren't sure when the car I drove was built. It was unregistered and had to be borrowed out of another dealers showroom. It still had shipping stickers, and plastic covers on it. So it could be a new build or built a year ago.

Emailed the salesman to confirm it has it. At least then I will have proof that he told me it had it.

Associate
Picked up car this morning.

Had a bit of drive in it and can truthfully say that it is a step from my ST200 in every way. Well, other than the rear light configuration but you can't have everything. :)

Soldato
It wasn’t standard but may have changed. Nearly all cars ordered for stock had PP anyway. If you didn’t want it then it tended to be a factory order.

When I got mine I wasn’t bothered by PP and tbh not sure I am good enough a driver to tell what difference it makes. I was unfussy in options but ended up in a new from stock car with PP, LED, Sunroof and B&O. Of all of it the only thing I would definitely spec again would be the LED lights. They are just so much better at night than standards.

I have the full LED headlights on my standard fiesta st line x, they sure are brilliant, the light output is very good and the white light is nice. I changed the fogs/cornering lights to LED as well to match.

Have the sunroof and B&O system also , sound system is ok I guess, but haven’t really turned it up to see what it’s like as I listen at low volumes myself. I look forward to using the sunroof in the warmer months.

Associate
I’ve got a servicing question. Google seems to have stumped me this evening.

17 plate ST3 at just over 18k miles.

What service is due at 4 years? The last service was completed this time last year, but thanks to lockdown the car has only covered about 800 miles since.

I’m happy to get a major service done this time round if one is required but is it overkill given it had a major service (completed by an independent) 800 miles/12 months ago?????

Soldato
When did the PP become standard. My wife is looking at fiesta St's and there's some cracking deals on year old ones.

I think they had to do a lot of consolidation for the WLTP to get them validated for sale, so a lot of models got optional packs rolled into the appropriate models/specs/trim levels a year or two ago.

Associate
I've had quick look on etis, seems to just filters and oil. Plus recommended brake fluid change. I'd suggest having a look on etis yourself to make sure.

My current thought on this is that it had a major service last time which included greasing various things, checking other things and replacing the spark plugs. Ultimately all of these items were done 800 miles ago, albeit 12 months ago.

I’m therefore thinking interim service to get the filters and oil done, MOT and brake fluid change.

Soldato
I had a service with all brakes (pad's, discs and fluid plus hoses) changed at the beginning of March last year so probably don't even need to do a minor service with the amount of miles I have done. Still need to sort out the MOT before the end of March so I'll probably look to get the car checked over before then and see if anything might crop up.

Soldato
I've applied for a loan for the mrs new car, we're looking at a 20 plate 5 door fiesta st with only 1900 miles on. Is there anything I should be worried about (buying from dealer) as it must still have warranty left.

Soldato
So we missed out on that one but are instead going for a performance blue st3, 19 plate. Not sure if it's got the performance pack or not, but apprehensive about the handover just because I think we'll have to do it at my wife's work.

Associate
On a 19 it’s still in warranty so don’t worry too much. Dealer should have some leeway for anything minor if you check it over when she gets it home. Just make sure to take lots and lots of pics when collecting and then enjoy it.

Most 19 ST3s had the PP as when I bought mine (a 19 plate also) I could only get a car with PP unless I special ordered. Every dealer stock car had it and they rarely had requests not to have it.

It’s a lovely car. Mine is coming up on 2 years and I’m going to move it on soon purely as I don’t use it but it’s been great when I have needed it. Managed all of 900 miles in last 12 months so it’s a <11k mile car which I bought to do 12k yearly commuting in. I’m going to try bangernomics for a while after this I think for low miles. Its likely I’m going to be WFH long term now so just don’t need it.

Soldato
On a 19 it’s still in warranty so don’t worry too much. Dealer should have some leeway for anything minor if you check it over when she gets it home. Just make sure to take lots and lots of pics when collecting and then enjoy it.

Most 19 ST3s had the PP as when I bought mine (a 19 plate also) I could only get a car with PP unless I special ordered. Every dealer stock car had it and they rarely had requests not to have it.

It’s a lovely car. Mine is coming up on 2 years and I’m going to move it on soon purely as I don’t use it but it’s been great when I have needed it. Managed all of 900 miles in last 12 months so it’s a <11k mile car which I bought to do 12k yearly commuting in. I’m going to try bangernomics for a while after this I think for low miles. Its likely I’m going to be WFH long term now so just don’t need it.
Thanks for the response. My Google fu has failed with an easy way to check, I think PP gives launch control and shift lights, but not sure if there's any extra buttons.

Associate
Shift lights, LC and the LSD. That’s all it gives and when I bought it I wasn’t bothered by it but couldn’t find one without. Was trying to be cheap but ended up fully loaded with PP, sunroof, LEDs, heated wheel and B&O lol. Think was only 1 option not on it but as it was in stock I got it at a deal I was fine with.

Soldato
Shift lights, LC and the LSD. That’s all it gives and when I bought it I wasn’t bothered by it but couldn’t find one without. Was trying to be cheap but ended up fully loaded with PP, sunroof, LEDs, heated wheel and B&O lol. Think was only 1 option not on it but as it was in stock I got it at a deal I was fine with.
Thus has leds and I think the awareness pack. Don't think it has sunroof, but on the stereotype there's not many options to choose from. I've taken out their lifetime warranty so hopefully will be all good.

Soldato
So mostly going OK, however the courtesy lights (only the front though) don't always seen to turn off. Is there a way to disable this (short of flicking the switch), as I don't see why they would stay on.

Soldato
Looking for some advice on a Mk7 ST remap; lots of people mentioning Collins' CP2 pack, but I'm a bit concerned on now making engine changes as I approach 67k miles. Car is completely stock at the moment.

Also going to need some new tyres soon; currently on 'Laufen's' which were on when I bought the car and am between Michelin PS4 or a set of Goodyear Asymmetric 5's. Any reviews on either and /or suggestions of other sets?

Caporegime
Looking for some advice on a Mk7 ST remap; lots of people mentioning Collins' CP2 pack, but I'm a bit concerned on now making engine changes as I approach 67k miles. Car is completely stock at the moment.

Also going to need some new tyres soon; currently on 'Laufen's' which were on when I bought the car and am between Michelin PS4 or a set of Goodyear Asymmetric 5's. Any reviews on either and /or suggestions of other sets?

PS4 100%.

Back
Top Bottom