Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Man of Honour
Have you tried an i30 N as a less conspicuous alternative to the Type R? I found the Hyundai a far more compelling and entertaining car on the road.
I’ve had a brief drive when they came out but not really looking for that sort of car. The Yaris appealed due to its pedigree and what Toyota had done to it but reality is for me it was not that compelling. Must be my time of the month.

Soldato
They've been quoting May 2022 since like January, I think it's just a placeholder date aka 'we don't know when'.

I went for a proper blast on some roads I know this weekend, it is properly capable on the type of B roads round here. Very bumpy, narrow and with hedges and trees everywhere. The damping just makes it easy to zoom along the road without worrying about getting out of shape too much and you can pull yourself out of bends once you can see down the road.

xe07EdG.jpg

Another local owner is getting their roof stripped & relaquered this week so I'm looking forward to seeing that. I would like to do it when funds allow.

Caporegime
The roof is forged carbon fibre but Toyota deemed it cheaper to instead cover it up with carbon fibre weave wrap than lacquer it. So you can peel the wrap off and ppf/laquer the original roof if you prefer the look of forged carbon.
Ah nice.

I ask as quite a few M3s get stone chips which start letting water in. So stripping and relaquering is possible even on factory laquered roofs.

They also look a lot blacker and deeper too which is good

Associate
A nice little bump.

The fastest colour is coming home with me Friday.

51176524001_d830983e5e_c.jpg

Soldato
I dont think Toyotas have rust issues. My gt86 was still very clean at 7 years old when I sold it. There was hardly even any surface rust.

Soldato
Just looking on auto trader assuming these would be quite rare. There's 65 circuit pack cars alone advertised. Seems like a huge amount for a new supposedly in demand car. Have a bunch of people been sucked into the hype and now trying to get out?

Soldato
Yes, I still know a couple people who flipped for a small profit this week (£2k) but it's mostly over. Still the longer it goes on the further we are from depreciation happening so I'm happy as Larry, be very interesting what the values are this time next year though. It could start to drop quite suddenly I think, alternatively the hype is maintained and the end of production is confirmed and we stay flat.

I've had a great time in mine this week, rainy B roads are it's bread & butter. It's really really impressive in these conditions even with 'Expert' mostly off stability it's super stable and grippy. Quite incredible to me.

Associate
I've only managed 100 miles or so, all wet and still in the running in phase. The way it revs out is quite something for a turbocharged lump, grip has been brilliant and brakes even more so. Quite a package.

Really looking forward to seeing what she is like in warm, dry conditions!

Back
Top Bottom