What TV shows are you currently watching

kai

kai

Soldato
I have just finished watching The Innocent on Netflix. For me this is a hidden gem. Its original and intriguing whereby there are twists as stories come together. It's dubbed' but found it hard to tell if im honest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10147644/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Solid rating on IMDB. 8.0

An accidental killing leads a man down a dark hole of intrigue and murder. Just as he finds love and freedom, one phone call brings back the nightmare

Soldato
I have just finished watching The Innocent on Netflix. For me this is a hidden gem.
The trailers for season 2 mention it's from the 'Unforgotten' team, which has to be a good indication. So this has gone on my list of TV for the future.

But having started watching the original version of The Killing recently I'm a bit overloaded with depressing "looks guilty but probably isn't" narrative at the moment. If I'd realised it was 20 episodes in the first series I might have stuck with my vague memory of the American version. I'm up to 15 and a bit burned out! Still want to finish it, but... maybe it's having to focus on the thing for so long that's taxing me. I like a bit of subtitled drama, but a LOT of subtitled drama is proving to be more challenging in a condensed period.

kai

kai

Soldato
The trailers for season 2 mention it's from the 'Unforgotten' team, which has to be a good indication. So this has gone on my list of TV for the future.

You are confused with the Innocent (ITV drama). This something very different :) and significantly better.

The show, i am talking about is The Innocent - Netflix series. This is based on the book of the same name by Harlan Coben. The show has been billed as a limited series, meaning that it is unlikely that more seasons will be on the way.

Soldato
Was off work last week and lay in bed with covid type symptoms and watched through all 4 seasons of Unforgotten, really wish I hadn't waited so long.

It's just utterly excellent TV, a few convenient plot contrivances here and there, not to the level of Line of Derpty so easily forgiven.

Great stories, teasingly unwound through tight 6 episode seasons, excellent acting from all throughout.

Simply one of the best crime/cop drama series I have ever seen.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Watched the first episode of Godfather of Harlem, decent cast but the writing's a bit... meh. Should have guessed from the title haha. Will persevere, might get better...
Man this show is a hard watch, 8/10 on IMDB but I have no idea why. Anyone know if it gets any better? I'm feeling to sack it off...

Associate
I watched seasons 3 and 4 of Castlevania... I really liked how everything ended and really hope they just leave things there.

It's a really solid show and I'd recommend it.

Soldato
Just finished S4 of Snowfall.
I know they're on iPlayer, but they're piling up on my recorder while I finish other stuff. But Snowfall really was a pleasant surprise to me. Deserves to be better know.

Simply one of the best crime/cop drama series I have ever seen.
I came to Unforgotten late too and share your enthusiasm. I am routinely disappointed by UK drama, and definitely fell out of love with Line of Duty along the way. But Unforgotten has never disappointed.

Soldato
Another vote for Justified here, a slow and mixed start, finds it's stride near to end of Season 1 and season 2 is superb. Keeps the momentum up across multiple seasons to a satisfactory conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom