Best place to get clean numberplates made?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm looking for a place to get some clean looking plates made with no outline and no print of the companies name.

I'm not interested in gel 3/4d etc, just want normal sized plates with my reg number and nothing else on it. I bought some plates like this a while back, but I can't seem to find the place I bought it from... :(

Thanks

Soldato
I didnt have the company name on my previous car, no one actually checks. No problems at MOT.

Or enter it manually and put the manufacturer's address, then the one in a million chance that some jobsworth checks it will be valid :)

Soldato
Soldato
I got a set from fancyplates a couple of years back, got to say the quality was really quite poor.

In fairness Halfords isn't a bad shout for clean looking plates, they print their logo in a pale yellow and a light grey colour so you can barely see it.

Man of Honour
eBay. I've not once been asked for any evidence I own the vehicle, either...
Most eBay sellers aren't or weren't the last time I bought bike plates a couple of years ago based in the UK and therefore they don't need evidence or to adhere to the BS for plates.

Soldato
Most eBay sellers aren't or weren't the last time I bought bike plates a couple of years ago based in the UK and therefore they don't need evidence or to adhere to the BS for plates.
Oh don't get me wrong... they're all UK based and say they will ask for two forms of ID (car+driver). They never have. They are BS approved and have all the legal wording required.

Soldato
I didnt have the company name on my previous car, no one actually checks. No problems at MOT.

Or enter it manually and put the manufacturer's address, then the one in a million chance that some jobsworth checks it will be valid :)

Regs are changing regarding number plates in September. You can bet your last penny the DVSA are gonna be crawling over MOT stations in the following weeks/months to make sure they're applying the new regs.

New regs include a new BS number and tighter rules on plate construction.

Associate
Have used myshowplates.com a number of times over the last 10 years. Their website looks old and works exactly the same as when I first used them (in 2010 I think), but you can order legal and non-legal options and the plates I've bought have always been good quality and delivered quickly.

Soldato
Regs are changing regarding number plates in September. You can bet your last penny the DVSA are gonna be crawling over MOT stations in the following weeks/months to make sure they're applying the new regs.

That wont stop people still making show plates for "offroad" use, so nothing will change in reality.

Man of Honour

The regs are not being applied retrospectively, they are for newly produced plates.

Man of Honour

When I've been doing speed enforcement recently, I've also been adding extra £100 fines for all plates that aren't legal. I think about 30% of the people I stop get that prize as well.

Back
Top Bottom